• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Standard EP3 airbox

Hi all

I have a aftermarket induction kit on and because it doesnt make you gain anything etc i want to change back to standard airbox.

I wonderd though does a type s airbox fit my type r? it looks the same but obv that can mean nothing sometimes.

Also whats the best air filter to put in the airbox... i was thinking of going for ITG

Thoughts and advice please

Cheers

A Type S airbox will fit no problems. It is exactly the same airbox.

Just make sure it is from a Type S and not a 1.6 Sport as some people get confused about what they are called.

This is the wife's old Type S bay.

Dscf0694.jpg

Yes the ITG is a good replacement filter element.

Aye it looks the exact same. found a bargain on ebay then airbox out of a type s 2.0 for £16 looks in good condition and comes with bolts and the wee pipe from the rocker cover, well the guy says its good condition so am hoping its just someone not knowing he could get more and not actually useless. rest were like £65.

Anybody got an air intake pipe i'll be willing to buy it off you lol

I currently have an ITG filter in mine and I think it's fab I think the car is a little bit more responsive now only slightly but I've felt a slight difference.

Finally got this fitted its alot quieter than my aftermarket induction kit but it does feel a little more responsive. sounds alot healthier

Back