• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Standard EP3 headlights are a bit rubbish! and possible dipper issuer

Sorry if this is a repeat, done some searching and cant find what I'm looking for.

I find my EP3 has the worst headlights I have ever had on any car. I think it must have some cheap bulbs or something but not sure, but its like having a couple of cheap torches strapped to the front of the car!
Also the dip switch does not seem to do anything. I have looked at a wall in front of me while rolling the switch, nothing!

So my questions are this, does the dipper have a fuse or something that may have died? or any other ideas?

And, what are good replacement headlight bulbs (pre-face) H4 bulb?

Thanks

Dan

I think they are quite good in my opinion. I currently use Osram Nightbreakers with good results on H4 also. Quite a difference in brightness and distance over many cars with standard lamps. Nothing like HID's and never will be but much more light output and whiter also. :)

As for the light dipper, I have the same issues but I just set them at a high level without dazzling anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
well I fitted some cheap ebay H4's and they seem a bit better. I repositioned the headlights as well, seems to have helped.

Ill keep an eye out for those 'Osram Nightbreakers'.

I think that the HID kits are now a fail on the MOT unless the are from the manufacture, that's what I was told anyway.

still got the issues with the dimmer if there is anyone that can help that would be great.

I noticed last night that the dimmer switch has no back light, is this normal? if not then I am wondering if it is the switch itself.

Back