• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC2 DB8 DC5 Standard exhausts??

Hi all.

I'm new to the forum and need some exhaust advice. Firslty, I realise that this topic has been covered in numerous posts but not specifically in the ITR section (i did do a search, honest), apologies if this should be elsewhere.

Anyway, I've just bought a DC5 and cant wait to collect it. When checking out the car I noticed that it has a apexi exhaust system from cat back that was pretty loud on start up. The thing is I dont want a loud exhaust and have contacted Honda to price up a standard B-pipe (about £105) and back box (£100) which I didn't think was too bad. Reading some of the posts I get the impression that apexi make good exhausts- What do you think?

Also, has anyone got any pics of a standard exhaust fitted?

Thanks

Hello and welcome to the forum :D.

Firstly I like the Apexi exhaust's, i'd not buy one myslef, but I do like them.

Secondly, you may be better advertising the system on here and getting someone to give you cash and their OEM system in exchange, that way you will save yourself some penny's for magic trees and the like :D:D.

I'm sure there would be some interest in this.

Have a look in th emembers cars section and you will spot a few DC5's in there with OEM tail pipes.

Is it a DC5 you have bought or a DC2?

Yeah I'll have a look, thanks for the advice.

Its a DC5- cant wait to get it. Insurance is a bit of a killer though. Can you recommend any insurers?

Hi mate

Sky do my insurance, im 31 and have full NCB. I paid around £400 odd i think? Where's the wife when i need her, she deals with the cash. I just spend it :lol:

Thanks I'll try them, I'm 25 with 3 years NCB but still hefty.

You've got a good thing there, it's the other way round in my house, I earn the cash and the mrs spends it.

Thanks

Adrian Flux were good for me.

£899 fulyy comp. 22 years old, 6 points and 3 years no claims. Mods declared as well.

Thanks Grunty,

just tried Sky, they beat my last quote by a big amount.

Cheers

Goody gum drops :D

Where are you based? Just thinking about the exhaust, im interested but the wife has given me an ultimatum. No modding unless its broken but i can try. The disadvantages of being a family man with the modding bug :lol:

Personally I leave the livestock alone but in the past there has been a few cases of it reported. A couple of years ago there was a guy not far away was caught standing on a wooden box giving a cow a seeing to.

Personally I leave the livestock alone but in the past there has been a few cases of it reported. A couple of years ago there was a guy not far away was caught standing on a wooden box giving a cow a seeing to.

:lol::lol::lol:

Funny enough a lad from Uttoxeter was supposed to been seen f**king a goat by a load of train passengers.

Unfortunatley i cant confirm this but he did get lots of stick at work :lol:

This thread has went way off topic already so what the hell. I remember reading in Zoo or Nuts a few years ago about some guy in Thailand or somewhere like that was charged for doing a dog, his defence in court was that the dog was acting sexy! I'm not sure how true that is bearing in mind I read it in Zoo or Nuts.

This thread has went way off topic already so what the hell. I remember reading in Zoo or Nuts a few years ago about some guy in Thailand or somewhere like that was charged for doing a dog, his defence in court was that the dog was acting sexy! I'm not sure how true that is bearing in mind I read it in Zoo or Nuts.

:lol::lol:

And oops, sorry back on topic.

Well.....

I can remeber reading somewhere about a local bloke in a village in africa, who was caught giving it large to a goat, so the village made him marry it as a punishment.

I've got a standard OEM B pipe and back box doing nothing if you want to swap it for the apexi system? :)

Back