• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Standard Head Unit

Not sure about this but is there the possibility of hooking up a sub and amp into the standard head unit?

reason i ask is when i baught the car there was already wires ran through the car but dont know where the other end lays

any help will be appreciated

thanks

yea all my others you havent been able too but just the way these wires had been left in the car, power is running from engine bay into the boot (not hooked up), earth cable is there, remote and audio cable is laying in the boot and have no idea where the other end is.

so was just wondering if someone who has had theres out could shed some light for me

some ep3's had an optional in boot cd changer on standard head unit. this could be the wires you mention

these deffinatly dont look like they were standard wires because the earth cable wasnt secure, i repositioned that when i was building a new floor, suppose the only way to find out is if i take the unit out

the previous owner must have had a different head unit in and couldn't be bothered removing the cables when they sold it.

i dont mind because it means i have less work to do lol
just a matter of putting a new unit in and finding the ends of these wires and plugging them in.

thing is i cant afford one for a month, damn these drinking holidays!

we had a old actr 51 plate it was that had afacrory sub in the boot im led to believe the same head unit was used in the ctr so i asume thye will take a sub mate

much appreciated mate, suppose i will just have to plug everything in and hook up the power and see what happens. fingers corssed

thanks again

Back