• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Standard Internals what maximum power

At what bhp point do the standard internals start to fail, looking to fit some cams to my car in the next couple of months, currently have about 270wbhp

I remember Stanwan's mota from CTRO was running total N/A @ about 280bhp.

I dunno what Guy has done internally on his Turbo Jobby but I expect the standard internals are quite strong. :D

I would not go much further than you are tbh m8. It is not just about weather the engine will fail now, but what about in the near future. Any big power mods should be mated with a strong bottom end. Also depending on what rev limit you are planning on using you need to think about the valves. You also will need to think about oil cooling (very important).

I't is ok for tuners perhaps to push an engine super hard because if it goes pop it is perhaps not such an issue as if your baby goes.

I am not saying not to go for it, just try and be thoughtfull. It is a strong engine, but also has some super fine tolerances.

If it was me I would think about lowering the compression ratio, sorting some kind of charge and oil cooling out. The OEM pistons have a few special features so getting better items are going to be hard.

Maybe lightening the car and going for (if you havent allready) uprated brakes and trick chassis? Then you can just outbrake everyone :D .

Just my 2pnce worth.

G said:
I would not go much further than you are tbh m8. It is not just about weather the engine will fail now, but what about in the near future. Any big power mods should be mated with a strong bottom end. Also depending on what rev limit you are planning on using you need to think about the valves. You also will need to think about oil cooling (very important).

I't is ok for tuners perhaps to push an engine super hard because if it goes pop it is perhaps not such an issue as if your baby goes.

I am not saying not to go for it, just try and be thoughtfull. It is a strong engine, but also has some super fine tolerances.

If it was me I would think about lowering the compression ratio, sorting some kind of charge and oil cooling out. The OEM pistons have a few special features so getting better items are going to be hard.

Maybe lightening the car and going for (if you havent allready) uprated brakes and trick chassis? Then you can just outbrake everyone :D .

Just my 2pnce worth.

Plan for spring next year is to increase the capacity and lower the compression and cool the oil, just wondered if I could fit the cams now, to spread the cost, cheers for all the help

Friendy said:
G said:

Just my 2pnce worth.

Plan for spring next year is to increase the capacity and lower the compression and cool the oil, just wondered if I could fit the cams now, to spread the cost, cheers for all the help

Can't see why not.
Just be carefull what you fit and have a good readup before you choose. All the information is on CRSX. :wink:

I may be wrong here, but, TP is not the IP cams the only ones out for use with F/I?

G said:
I may be wrong here, but, TP is not the IP cams the only ones out for use with F/I?

There are Crower ones available as well. I'm not going to start a big bunfight but all the information is on CRSX.......... :wink:

Will email the specs to Paul and see if they are okay, quite a few people across the pond are using crower.

tp said:
G said:

There are Crower ones available as well. I'm not going to start a big bunfight but all the information is on CRSX.......... :wink:

mmmmm bun fight uuuuurrghhhhhhhhh. ;)

The FI crower cams, caused a RSX owner who tried them on his with a JRSC had nothing but trouble......

I wouldn't buy any cams until I knew that they worked for the FI route...

If your going to do it, then you had better line the block.... but my new tuner has got no confidence that or with anyone in the UK can line a Honda K series.....

Just my 10 pence worth

Mike

typerkid said:
If your going to do it, then you had better line the block.... but my new tuner has got no confidence that or with anyone in the UK can line a Honda K series.....

Headworks in Warrington will have a good go. :wink:
They do all the stuff for RC developments. RC then bolt it all together then get the glory. they are right next door to TDi North.............which is nice. 8)

typerkid said:
The FI crower cams, caused a RSX owner who tried them on his with a JRSC had nothing but trouble......

Just my 10 pence worth

Mike

Would you care to share your tuner

Friendy said:
typerkid said:

Just my 10 pence worth

Mike

Would you care to share your tuner

Not atm.... sorry his busy and is about to launch his own company selling lots of proven packages to all Honda owners... not sure on the timing, but it shouldn't be much longer...

Not atm.... sorry his busy and is about to launch his own company selling lots of proven packages to all Honda owners... not sure on the timing, but it shouldn't be much longer...

Finally we will find out who this mystery tuner is, should be interesting, can he line a block by the way ?

Just asking as I may go for cams later :)

Tarticus said:

Finally we will find out who this mystery tuner is, should be interesting, can he line a block by the way ?

Just asking as I may go for cams later :)

He would get a block lined by his business partners in the US Pete.

His doing business models atm to show how this would work i.e. a 4 week lead time..

Back