• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Standard Suspension.

Looking at going back to the oem suspension set up as coil overs are a pain. So l am looking for the best deals on where to buy from any recommendations would appreciated.

At present there is a AP Coil over kit installed on the car when l bought it last may which l have already raised 15mm recently and it is still sitting to low whoever had it before me done a crap set up on the suspension . I have been reading a few threads on the forum regarding the blistein b4's and the eibach pro kit with a frsu done.I would like hear from other people views about this set up with rage 19 in fitted. Also apparently it was quoted on another forum that the Rage Alloys where the worst handling alloy for the fn2 and that the original 18in alloy was a better handling wheel can anybody confirm this.

The 19s are likely to just be very harsh since the tyres are so low profile, maybe even worse if it's lowered as well.
My FN2 runs on 18s very nicely with the ride being acceptable on standard suspension with Goodyear AS3 tyres.

I am thinking of ditching the 19in rage alloys for 18in alloys and also l want to get a decent set of shocks and springs as you only get what you pay for. But doesn't seem to be much available for the fn2. I was contemplating in getting blistein b4 shocks and eibach pro kit. What are the best shocks for the money as l would have budget of around £800 for both.

Many thanks for the replies l was searching the bilstein website for b4 shocks and there nothing listed for the type r so if l would appreciate if someone can leave feedback on what kit is used for a fn2 type r.

I am seriously considering B4 Shocks with 30mm Eibach kit and new top mounts for my EP3, I mean nothing wrong with the TEIN Coilovers on it now, apart from that they are too harsh for UK roads. You have to run them at such low dampening rates that it defeats the point in having a coilover. Well it's either that or Meister R's / Bilstein B14.

I am seriously considering B4 Shocks with 30mm Eibach kit and new top mounts for my EP3

I've been looking at this too for the road car once the original suspension reaches the end of its life. Be rude not to do a cheeky geo on it too.

Back