• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Standard Tyres and Brake Pads - how long?

VTEC'in

Banned
On the EP3 CTR how many miles are the standard Pots and pads supposed to last?

I've done 22,000 miles of normal (ie not track) driving, a mixture of motorway and B-road VTEC'in action.

The front Pots were swapped with the back ones at the last service.

The brakes squeal slightly occasionally.

I've got another service coming up in the next month - should I go for all-round new pads and tyres at 22,000 miles? Don't really want to take the stealer's advice. They'll just say new everything.

I would be looking at changing all 4 tyres at this stage and also the front pads.

How much tread is left on the tyres?? I didn't chnage my orginal front pads until 37k miles.... :lol: Front pots used to last me about 13k miles.

The tread is still legal, but I can feel that the handling and stopping is not so good as it was.

Then get it replaced if it doesn't feel how it should.

Have a look at the pads, if there isn't much left on the pad thickness then get them swapped out as well for a fresh set.

HASNIC said:
Then get it replaced if it doesn't feel how it should.

Have a look at the pads, if there isn't much left on the pad thickness then get them swapped out as well for a fresh set.

esp now winter is coming you dont want to have an accident

Personally I wouldn't swap the front to backs.

I want as much grip on the rears as possible. I can handle understeer, but not the back stepping out due to lack of grip.

I've had my CTR almost a year now.

Had just under 29k when I got it, done 41k now. The tyres seemed new when I got the car still plenty of tread on them now.

Used to only get 8-10k on tyres on previous cars. Probably due to the softer compound.

Done 55,000 miles on my pads. Think they need changing :lol:

Back