• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Steering judder

Hi All,

Had my EP3 around 2 months now and absolutely love it! Apart from the cat back exhaust that is, hopefully going to change it back to completely standard so this will be coming off and is the only mod too ( if anyone wants to swop oem for a Cat back let me know)

Anyway, I'm getting steering judder when do 70mph +, I'm thinking it maybe wheel balance is out but any other ideas before I visit the tyre garage?

Tyre wear/damage, buckled wheel, wheel mis-alignment or as you said, the most likely candidate - wheel balance.

PS: OEM backbox + unsilenced B-pipe is a great set up. Worth considering.

Swap your wheels front to back and see if that changes anything. If it does, then it's a wheel out of balance

Cheers both.

The exhaust is straight through and different size pipe to OEM, so it's quite awkward and costly to just replace the back box unfortunately otherwise I would.

Hi All,

Had my EP3 around 2 months now and absolutely love it! Apart from the cat back exhaust that is, hopefully going to change it back to completely standard so this will be coming off and is the only mod too ( if anyone wants to swop oem for a Cat back let me know)

Anyway, I'm getting steering judder when do 70mph +, I'm thinking it maybe wheel balance is out but any other ideas before I visit the tyre garage?

I had a similar issue, turned out to be driveshafts! Most of the time it will be balancing/tracking though, let us know how you get on.

As for the exhaust, there are many OEMs on Ebay for cheap, I am sure someone will buy yours if you slap it on there for a reasonable price, as many find the stock set-up very quiet.

Cheers for the replies.

I've had the balancing done, it's a lot better than it was but it is still there.

I'm hopefully getting all of the alloys refurbed shortly so I'll swop front to back before hand to see whether it could be a buckled alloy first.

Back