• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Steering problem

Just wanted to ask a question to see if anyone else has encountered this problem.
When driving round corners and I come out the bend the steering wheel doesnt want to straighten back up. It feels if there is resistance.
Not sure if its a problem with the rack maybe??
Sorry if this has been asked before.
Cheers J
This is an 02 plate Ep3

Nobody had this problem??
Well Ive done a bit of research and seen people have replaced the slider in the steering rack. Going to fit it over the weekend and see if that's cures the problem

Hi,

I have had a similar problem on my 02 CTR, is it an easy job to replace slider as have looked into it and wondered how to go about it. confident enough to do it but would like to know if this cures your issues. keep us posted please?

Hi,

I have had a similar problem on my 02 CTR, is it an easy job to replace slider as have looked into it and wondered how to go about it. confident enough to do it but would like to know if this cures your issues. keep us posted please?

Hi
Changed the slider and greased up and has made no difference. Im going to take a look at everything else and ill let you know mate

Over 100 views and nobody has made any suggestions?? I take it this isn't a common problem then?

Well looked at everything else and cant find anything wrong. Im going to change the rack next week and see if that solves it

Back