• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Steering rack - EP3

Hello all,

It's probably been asked about a million times, however for some reason I can't search for what I'm looking for.

I'm having issues with my steering feels "twitchy" and "floaty". So far I've had the alignment done, still the same. All the bushes and joints checked and replaced if necessary, still the same. Also checked tyres and pressures all fine and good. It leads me to think it's the rack.

I wondered if it's worth trying a second hand rack, seen some on eBay but not sure if they are any good. I've done a few searches and can,'t seem to find anywhere that refurbs. I guess my question is does anyone know where to get a refurbished rack or if anyone has a good second hand one for a decent price.

I guess this could go in the wanted section, however I'm after any other suggestions of what the problem could be, I'm still unsure if it's the rack as I'm not getting any noises or creaking?

Thanks in advance

Jamie :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can replace the steering rack slider which can sometimes develop some play, I think the slider itself is about £18 and then of course any labour on top for fitting.

Hi guys sorry for jumping in the thread I have a problem with my steering. Quite recently it feels very heavy to the right when I'm turning it was like I had a flat tyre all tyre pressures are fine. The tracking was done last month. I had the front bushes and drivers side linkage put in. I'm not sure if the drivers linkage is genuine, any ideas and yeah forgot to mention the handbrake comes up quite high and rear discs make a noise when locking. Is it slider, rack or something else cheers haz.

Back