• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Steering - something making a noise

Driving round tescos car park yesterday after work i noticed whenever i turned the wheel half a turn or more i could hear a single clunk then if i turned the other way i would hear it again. its there when i park aswell. it did it a few times this morning and have no idea what it might be :confused: it was only mot'd in the last couple of weeks so i'd like to think that its nothing too bad but i suppose anything could hapen in two weeks, but its definately there and i dont like it. anyone ever had this on theres???

thanks

most steering faults point to steering rack, I did have a clunk on my steering when i first collected it and had it fixed under warranty. it was the top mount on top of the curb side front suspension.

cheers guys, i realised today that it mainly does it when ive got a pasenger in the front :-S hoping that means its more suspension/top mount rather than a steering issue. getting looked at tues anyway and came with a warranty so we shall see.

Check out this link. http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=335&start=165&sid=8fb45385982ec8a7362e00f19a260956
Have a look at the two bolts holding the tie rods to the rack and see if there are tab washers under the heads. Also look on the rear windscreen for a sticker that has the number 1009 on it. If your car has these then it means it has been recalled in Japan (DC5R). If not then Honda recomends the rack is replaced, some people online reckon this costs about 1000 pounds!!!
For the DC5 the problem was recorded on 2001 and 2002 models with chassis numbers from DC5 10000018 to DC5 1010207. Hope this helps a bit (if you have a DC5).

hi there my ep3 does the same but also when i go over bumps it sounds like a spring but not sure its on adjustable coilovers not sure what it could be it makes a loud metallic clunking sound can anyone help :(

Back