• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Steering under hard acceleration

Hi I'm having an issue with my ep3, Under hard acceleration my car pulls to right/left almost like it drifts and steering feels wallowy although the steering wheel stays central the car moves side to side slightly but under slow speeds it feels fine. I've changed various parts to eradicate this such as new poly castor increase wishbone bushes, new steering rack slider rack re greased, power steering module swapped with another working ep3, tyres seem in decent condition with plenty of tread but i cannot find the issue the car has the following mods

Area Motorsport frsu setup
meister r coilovers
Engine mount inserts
gearbox inserts

I'm totally at a loss as to what else it could be, does anybody else have any clues? cheers :)

Probably the softish sidewalls on those tyres mate, considering the geo should be spot on. What PSI are you running?

32psi all around with 215/40/17's I have had the tyres fitted around 18 months give or take but on reading up some tyres tend to break down due to weather conditions and become less effective over time regardless of grip etc I may just be rambling though

Back