• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Steering wheel disklock

Iv noticed that my friend has a disklock and iv seen a couple in the background of some pics on here. Just wondering were they something supplied from the Honda, some optional extra or just what some people have brought themselves.

I used to have one for my EP3 years ago, iirc it was the small.

IMO they're a bit of a waste of money these days, if someone wants your car they're going to come for the keys and they'll make sure they get the keys for that too.

I've got a small one - stashed in the boot in a velcro carry case.

The only time I use it is when I put the car in storage. I wrap a cloth around the steering wheel so that the weight of the lock does not mark the leather.

I work in a rough area. The car is more likely to be vandalised than stolen so I do not put it on. It would attract attention for the reverse reason.

Not the size of the boat, it's the motion of the ocean that counts.

I have always agreed with the comment about them working adversely. Not least of all... must they be so yellow?! It is literally goading people into looking into your car.

I still have the one I used on my EP3's but as Neil said they're probably a waste of money these days.

Geoff.

I disagree, I think a few of you are missing the point of these. They're never going to stop a determined thief, but if you were breaking into a house and wanted to grab some keys and make a quick getaway these add a good 15 seconds to that process, and that might be enough hassle to make people consider another car without one on. They are purely a deterrent, just like an alarm or tracker, thus they should be treated as such, especially as so many cars (including very quick ones!) don't have one. Thieves pick the easy targets normally (the exception is if you have something uber expensive/quick etc, but then most Type-R's dont fall into that category). IMO.

Back