• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

steering wheel squeak

hi
i have noticed my 2002 ep3 is making a squeaking noise when you turn the stearing wheel and also you can hear it when you pull off, any idea what this could be?

Could be a dry top mount?

Have you fitted aftermarket springs or dampers?

Mine does this, next time I have the mounts open Ill be putting some grease in there.

Could be a dry top mount?

Have you fitted aftermarket springs or dampers?

Mine does this, next time I have the mounts open Ill be putting some grease in there.

no its completly standard. so its nothing really to worry about? is it an easy thing to grease up?

So its nothing really to worry about? is it an easy thing to grease up?

Well before you go and spend loads on a new steering rack, try this first.

Does it happen all of the time? Mine only seems to happen when the car is hot, or the weather is.

If you take it to a garage they will probably charge you a hours labour for the greasing of the mounts. As it involves removing the whole suspension set up and re-greasing the top mount. You may be able to squirt some WD40 in at the top of the mount in the engine bay, but that will be nothing to actualy getting into the mount.

Well before you go and spend loads on a new steering rack, try this first.

Does it happen all of the time? Mine only seems to happen when the car is hot, or the weather is.

If you take it to a garage they will probably charge you a hours labour for the greasing of the mounts. As it involves removing the whole suspension set up and re-greasing the top mount. You may be able to squirt some WD40 in at the top of the mount in the engine bay, but that will be nothing to actualy getting into the mount.

yes it seams to do it all the time when pulling off and when steering at low speeds

Hi guys
My 02 ep3 has started doing the same thing, when pulling away the wheel squeks but when moving its fine. annoying!
also steering wheel wont center.
car is all standard.
any ideas

Hi guys
My 02 ep3 has started doing the same thing, when pulling away the wheel squeks but when moving its fine. annoying!
also steering wheel wont center.
car is all standard.
any ideas

You live in Fleet, pop over to TGM on Sankey lane.

Back