• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Steering wheel vibration?

Rcb

At about 40mph my steering wheel vibrates a little bit, but when I hit 60 it starts going mad. Didn't go faster than that as it was actually quite scary :? never noticed this before, 2 days ago I was on the motorway doing 80ish and it was fine then.

Another thing is that when parking half on the road half on the pavement so the car is sitting on a slant, the wheel pulls really hard to the one side every time, again this is new and never happened before :?

Any input, sounds expensive :(

Rcb said:
At about 40mph my steering wheel vibrates a little bit, but when I hit 60 it starts going mad. Didn't go faster than that as it was actually quite scary :? never noticed this before, 2 days ago I was on the motorway doing 80ish and it was fine then.

Louise had this on her K reg clio. Had the wheels balanced and it went. 8) Have alook if any wheel weights have fell off...... and check the wheel nuts are night! :shock: :wink: :p

I fitted some bling alloys on about 2 weeks ago now so that could be the problem with the nuts not being on tight enough, will check later, cheers :wink:

Hmm weird one

Just got back in from work and went to a dual carriageway (privately owned) got it upto 60 and not a single bit of vibration, 70, 80, 90, 95 still nothing...it's back to normal!?!?

Back