• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Stereo question....Another problem!

Duuno how helpful this it mate but my Alpine came with that cable.

Considering that the model you've chosen has no cd player etc, it would surprise me if you needed to buy it seperately.

I had a look at the manual here: http://www.retrevo.com/search/v2/jsp/mytrevo/myTrevo.jsp?page=man and it looks like it comes with it.

(Unless I've misunderstood and you mean something entirely different disclaimer :) )

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wondering, are these stereo's compatable with the iPhone 3GS? I've checked online and all websites say iPhone and 3G iPhone.

Would the iPhone 3G by the same connection as the 3GS??

It seems abit of a hit and miss, some people say it does and people say it don't. Also mixed reviews of it working on 3.0 OS and not with 3.1 OS :confused: :(

Fitted this stereo this morning and I can't seem to connect the aerial. Any idea if I need an adapter of some sort?

Also the contacts in the BT mode only call 1 number, even though I've got the odd number with mulitple numbers - if that makes sense!

When adjusting volume with iPhone connected the sound sometimes cuts out. A quick disconnect and re-connect seems to fix the problem. Would this be the phone/stereo or just general firmware issues??

You're not meant to operate the I-phone when it's connected to the head unit.

Nar its when i adjust volume on the head unit itself. The sound cuts out and the seconds carrys on. Change song and nothing happens, its only when you disconnect and reconnect.

No idea but I have read reports of problems when using with an I-phone.

I thought that might have been the case. Everyone i know who has a 305 uses it with an older iphone or just a touch/ipod. It's done it like 3 times or so which is abit crap. I knew there was problems with these units working with the 3GS before i brought it. :(

Storry i have the older X100 and the 300bt and have had very little problems with it using my 3GS. Only problem i do have is some times the thing doesn't auto connect and very very ocassionally it connects but you get no sound in calls. The only solution to that i have found is to turn the car off and back on again as the disconnect/ reconnect doesnt solve that but it happened maybe twice since i had the phone. It did it much more often with my old Nokia N96.

To be honest of the fully fitted car bluetooth kits the alpine ones are the best i have used (although havent used the new one you have and the fact it is actually a parrot inside puts me off a bit). The worst i have used was a pioneer headunit with the bluetooth built into the main unit and no matter what i did it wouldn't stay connected on either my old nokia spare phone or my 3GS.

To be perfectly honest none are as reliable as the wired kits of days of old but it just seems they simply dont make them any more.

Yeah mine is in the glove box too, doesn't bother me though. You could have the cable coming out into the ashtray, or maybe down in the compartment between the seats.

Back