• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

stereom1ke's FN2 Type R GT Deep Pearl Bronze. 1st Type R.

Ed said something about her being there for another week to ten days?...

That could be true. I've no idea when they are moving other than what they posted on another forum. They neglected to let us know to be honest.

SumoPower said:
Ok , I have a little bit of sad news for you all.. I know that booking's for grief counselling will be up once this thread has been read
icon_wink.gif

Your most favourite princess of parts is leaving Sumo Towers....

As of the 31st May I'll no longer be here - Panic not however because my colleagues are still around to supply you all manner of Tuning goodness!

SP Will now be located at our awesome facility in Daventry , which is just off Junction 16 on the M1 so fairly central for those collecting parts etc - Plus , the guys up there will be hosting a meet hopefully when the dust settles after the move! Sumo Towers in Rye is strictly for our race teams use only now - All sales activity is taken care of at Daventry - New contact details are below ;-

Sumo Power / JRM
Units 3+4 Rutherford Way
Drayton Fields Industrial Estate
Daventry
Northampton
NN11 8XW

Tel ; 01327 307152

or email ; -
Mark Dexter – Sales Manager : [email protected]
Ryan Budd – Sales Coordinator : [email protected]

Both Mark and Ryan are really nice guys - I'm sure they and the others will all be on to introduce themselves in due course! Any PM's etc will be handled by me until the change over
icon_smile.gif

So All thats left for me to say is thank you all for being so awesome , never giving me any jip and basically showing me the love! Try not to miss me too much!!
Cazza xxxxxxxxx

I'm going to put this up in their section and see what their official line to us is.

Damn that's a shame, Rye East Sussex would have been a lot more convenient for me. Still, Northampton isn't too far I guess. I would love to meet a few people off here down there and get a few bits done to my car.

well guys I am on standby for work today so rather than be bored I got stuck in with some elbow grease and really gave the engine bay a good clean. o be fair it wasnt bad before I started but I got some autosol on the aircon pipes etc and it looks like brand new almost under there now.

Also ordered a few detailing bits:

1. new red mats
2. new leather gear gaitor
3. Type R alloy tax disc holder
4. skunk2 6 speed knob
5. skunk2 reservoir socks
and thanks to John (loxy)
6. HID's ordered

Engine bay pics:

045b0db2.jpg

a14bce48.jpg

83920ec5.jpg

0773db8a.jpg

Ok well, quick update guys. Had a few goodies arrive this morning... Got round to fitting the gear gaiter but I got soaked in the process what with me dashing between the car and the garage to get tools etc. Unfortunately the weather seems to be persistent therefore I will not be fitting my other mods today. Im off work tomorrow and saturday too so hopefully that will give me time to finish off the other little bits.

Anyway, on to the pictures of what I received.

Tegiwa battery Tie Bar:

ca086276.jpg

Leather gear gaiter (new):

ea849b6e.jpg

OEM Honda Carbon Fibre dash panels:

ff062a75.jpg

cedeb440.jpg

Tegiwa Carbon fibre spark plug cover:

66ea6c1b.jpg

Skunk2 reservoir socks:

17c43853.jpg

Genuine Honda OEM Red Mats (new):

54caf59f.jpg

I keep meaning to do my gear gaiter. :lol:

I spotted those dash panels a while ago. Cox have them on their website.

Wrap your old panels in Ni-Doc them sell them on Ebay. Win win!

Lovely motor mate I’m liking you're plans for the car, the Miltek systems really are top quality

My Tegiwa plug cover needed to be slightly modified for a perfect fitment but it was literally a 2 minute job with a needle file (one of the holes was slightly off centre)

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely motor mate I’m liking you're plans for the car, the Miltek systems really are top quality

My Tegiwa plug cover needed to be slightly modified for a perfect fitment but it was literally a 2 minute job with a needle file (one of the holes was slightly off centre)

Thanks man, any issues and I might get back to you.

I keep meaning to do my gear gaiter. :lol:

I spotted those dash panels a while ago. Cox have them on their website.

Wrap your old panels in Ni-Doc them sell them on Ebay. Win win!

Funnily enough John I used your How-to-guide that you reposted, even using the guide its still quite tricky and only makes sense when you do it yourself, however there was still a degree of swearing and I dont do patience haha. Managed to get it on ok though despite getting a good soaking from the weather.

Well guys despite the bad weather today I still managed to fit all my mods apart from the carbon fibre plug cover which looks a little tricky? Looking like the scuttle panel may have to be removed on the FN2 is this correct?

Ill let the pictures do the talking.

2ed904b0.jpg

e73fa4ee.jpg

New Gaiter fitted...

9a3d9885.jpg

a6ce3bfd.jpg

bfa75f26.jpg

41b28806.jpg

New mats...

fd87983a.jpg

:cool:

You can get the cover off if you have low profile sockets but yes it is easier if you take the scuttle off.

It's only three of those popper clips, one at either side and one in the middle and peel off the weather strip. It should come away then. It's then up to you whether you disconnect the washer hose or just move the scuttle up onto the windscreen. When you put it back, make sure you don't trap the washer hose as it's easy done. There is a channel it tucks into on the back of the scuttle that you feed it into just before you clip the scuttle back on.

Oh an be careful with when tightening the nuts on the cover back up. I read on here recently that they are rated at 12Nm on the torque wrench, so only just past finger tight really.

Ok thanks John for all the advice, got me worried now as I started to slacken one off and then dogged it up with the ratchet again, hope I didnt do it too tight?

Don't worry, you'll have known if you'd have done it too much as they snap. :lol:

Just giving you a warning before you find out the hard way.

All those on top are a bit fragile.

Back