• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Sticking Calipers

My CTR has gone in today to be repaired , been having grinding sounds coming from the rear of the car for about 4 days , so I booked it in for a check .

Result :
Pads shot on the rear ,
Discs shot on the rear ,
Calipers sticking

All now to be replaced , thankfully by warranty bill is apparently £400...!!
Had the car nearly 3 months only done 2,000 of the cars 23,700 life .......
Glad i haven't got to pay the bill .

But it appears from what I have seen on the civinfo forum that there are several of us all with the same problems and with mileage from 12,500 to 30,000, so any of you out there who have started hearing grinding sounds from the rear of your pride and joy , please get it checked out before it gets expensive :)

Kev ;)

I know Hondas of old use to have problems with sticky rear calipers, think they would of cracked it by now.

My old 'lude bound up fairly bad once, pulled to the left and stank of hot brakes!

Can't believe the calipers are sticking at under 24k miles. I had my first front caliper stick at about 55k+ miles...

I know I felt the same , having seen threads on here and on civinfo it appears that it is becoming a bit of a problem on cars from 9k to 30k miles and above .

Four posts up Christopher.

Ah, cheers.

I was going to say that if not, and there's enough people with the issue, Honda ought to do something about it.

Has there been a recall on this at all? Or is it just crap caliper design?

Back