• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Sticking rear caliper

Hey guys I have a sticking rear caliper on my 54 plate ctr, I'm thinking about replacing it with a new one rather than getting a refurb kit but where can I get a genuine Honda one from? I've had a look on Hendy, Coxmotorparts, Tegiwa etc and can't find any. My local motor factors can get some for £80 odd but I don't think they will be genuine. How much roughly would I be looking for genuine Honda?
Cheers in advance guys :)

Hi mate. i have one caliper buggerd but i just bought 2 2nd hand as they were being sold as a pair so i just painted both and getting them put on tomorrow so am going to have a spare used one which is totally fine if you would be intrested.

Thanks mate, I'll let you know I'm going to try and get new first but it's hard work trying to find one, I've been trawling the web and can only find used or refurb kits. My 'local' Honda dealer don't deliver and even though they are my most 'local' they are still a fair bit away.

No bother mate. You could try hendy on here mate maybe get a discount but yeah they are alot of money lol

Yeah I did look on their website but couldn't find any I ordered some now though I went to a place this morning about 6 miles away they could get genuine but he said they are really expensive. He has ordered some and has said they are just as good and come from the same factory but they aren't genuine, so hopefully they will be fine.
It started sticking a while back and got worse and decimatted the set of pads that was on there, so got some new pads and me and my old man fitted them, it looked like the garage who previously done them caught the rubber dust cap with their caliper tool and that was causing it to stick so cleaned them up but was minus the rubber seal. I was going to order a refurb kit as you can't buy just that rubber seal, but last night got that smell and heat from the brakes :(. So just ordered a new one hopefully it will sort it and hopefully I can get it done soon before another set of pads go!

Bit short on cash though just ordered 4 tyres and getting them fitted today aswell.
Thanks though mate and good luck in the rugby :D

I actually called up Honda regarding prices for new rear calipers as my local garage said both calipers were playing up as the handbrake couldn't be adjusted. Honda want £303 for each caliper!!!!!:eek:

Yeah I was told Honda wanted about £300 each, I just went to my local car parts dealer got one for £83 in the end, it's basically a refurbed one that have came out of a factory it's exactly the same, same names markings etc. Apparently they just refurb calipers now.

brand new calipers from honda are extortionate, i picked up a used one from ebay that was in great condition and bought one from a guy off ctro, both costing £30

Yea took my breath away when he said. Think he was surprised as well. May change them with the cheaper ones but need to find some more information out before I do anything.

Back