• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Still getting little knocking noises from the Front.

Recently replaced drop links and ARB Bushes on the front but still on rough roads and bumps theres a faint knock. Could this be in the steering rack at all as it can be felt through the wheel ever so lightly. normal smooth roads its perfect and silent. no knocking or creaking from steering any other time. No pulling to the side.

ideas: Wishbone bushes
ball joints
Drop Links , Lemforder ones fitted a month or so ago max
Steering rack

also when in reverse and touch the brakes theres a slight knock. but this sounds like the pads as they were recently fitted and were a fairly loose fit and were knocking slightly so i bent the retainers/shims on the top and bottom and it got rid of the knock.

Cheers all

I' Ve been having the same problem. Just bought a JDM EP3 n I can hear a rattle somewhere at the front right side ( I think) when I'm on a bumpy road. Had a mechanic look at the bushes n suspension but to no prevail. Does any one know of any common causes for a CTR to rattle.

Does that make knocking noises over rough roads or sharp jolts like pot holes , it does sound metal , but hard to tell to be honest.

Just been reading as many threads on it as possible, I have a rumbling / light knocking over rough roads such as gravel at low speeds.
But the steering rack slider is £16, just trying to figure out how much work is involved in changing it, because for £16 I don't mind renewing it even if it turns out not to be the cause

Yea sounds like a good idea and seems a common knock/rattle , I'm certain part of my noise is in the pads still , as I held the brake on lightly over bumps and 90% of rumbling knocks are gone . And as they knock when in reverse when depressing the brake it seems like a good start. going to buy genuine Honda pads and new rattle shims and see how it gets on. also going to replace wishbone bushes as there is defiantly play there. If that doesn't work it will be the steering as everything else has been done, Drop links, Bushes ETC

Also found a thread with someone convinced it was suspension or steering rack knocking.
turned out to be a radiator stay, worth checking everything and anything for movement

Back