• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Stock Airbox replacement

Hi guys, long time lurker, first time poster, and I would appreciate your help!

I recently bought a used CTR EP3 from Yeomans, and im very happy with it. However, something that they decided to ommit from me was that it had a modified induction kit (something that I didnt find out until I looked under the bonnet myself at home. Rookie mistake I know)

Anyway, I have no idea what it is, apart from that its an open cone filter, probably K&N, although I cant see any names on it anywhere.

How much would it set me back to get it changed to a standard Honda airbox, as from what I can establish from this forum, they are better (and more importantly, less irritating on motorways) than the crappy open cone kits.

Also, where would I be able to get my hands on a Honda airbox so that I could do this myself?

Thanks allot guys, and I hope to be an active member here for a while :D

I would if I had the money, or the inclination to tell the insurance company! Its seriously not something I can afford at the moment. I just want to get the car back to stock so that If something happened to it, the insurance company won't just laugh back in my face! Im saying this because atm the car is in the body shop because someone rear-ended me within a week of ownership, and whilst the insuance company didnt notice this time, its really worried me!

Also, because whatever P.O.S. kit it is thats in there, is kinda annoying on the motorway!

Welcome to the forum:D

Have a look on the for sale parts of the forums mate for a stock intake. They come up every now and then.

Easy to fit also.

Honda will charge a fair price it I would have thought.

Cheers guys, im glad you agree with me. Yeomans seem willing to do it, but they havent given me a quote yet as I dont have the chassis number (as you know, its in the bodyshop).

They come up on ebay often, and maybe place an ad in the wanted section mate.

I can`t remember the figure Honda quoted me but I was straight onto ebay when I needed the same part :eek:

its probly a k+N... it shouldnt be to loud on the motorways aslong as your not in high revs? Pluss if you go back to stock you wont get that lovely change over sound when vtec kicks in yo! :p

its probly a k+N... it shouldnt be to loud on the motorways aslong as your not in high revs? Pluss if you go back to stock you wont get that lovely change over sound when vtec kicks in yo! :p

True, its not actually that loud, and the vtec changeover is lovely, but I also worry a bit about the (albeit minimal) power deficit through heat soak.

At some point I will be changing for a Gruppe M, but at the moment, I just want it stock (apart from the backbox, thats been changed too, but thats very quiet until under full throttle, who knows what it is, but it looks almost stock) :D

True, its not actually that loud, and the vtec changeover is lovely, but I also worry a bit about the (albeit minimal) power deficit through heat soak.

At some point I will be changing for a Gruppe M, but at the moment, I just want it stock (apart from the backbox, thats been changed too, but thats very quiet until under full throttle, who knows what it is, but it looks almost stock) :D

ive always wanted gruppe M but cant quite justify the price. Alot of money for not alot of BHP... putting my pennys towards kpro at the moment :twisted:

ive always wanted gruppe M but cant quite justify the price. Alot of money for not alot of BHP... putting my pennys towards kpro at the moment :twisted:

for the price of a kpro, you can get a K100 AND map. K100 gives you the same power as the kpro. only difference is you can't remap your car yourself if you wanted. but would you want that?

hmm i thought the k100 was a one off map? can it be remapped at modd shops etc??

Yes, k100 can be remapped just like k-pro. We've done it for 1 client on here. In other European countries the k100 is more popular than k-pro, because it is cheaper but still offers the same performance enhancement.

I don't know why other shops don't offer the service but we do.

Back