• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Stock spring colour

Hey everyone,

could be be a bit of a silly question but just wanted to ask a few people? I have bought a 2005 ep3 not too long ago and when I purchased it I thought it looked a bit lower than I would have expected? After having a quick look at the springs through the arches I noticed that they are red? Does anyone know what colour the stock springs would be on a 2005 ep3? Just wondering if it has had a change through the years?

Thanks in advance for any answers :)

James

The stock ones on mine were black. think the eibach sporitline springs are red but am sure a few others probably are red aswell.

Cheers howie1987, I would have thought the stock springs would have been black, just hoping I could get some sort of consensus from other owners :p I definitely think it's been lowered somewhere along the line, any ideas how I could work out how much?

Does anyone one know the standard height from floor to arch or anything like that?

Stock springs are definitely black pal,more than Likely that you do have eibach sport lines. There much better springs though and not so harsh as there progressive!
Check that it's also been fitted with rear camber adjustable arms too! If you didn't know bonus IMO!

Nice one dhaz1, yeah definitely seems to be something not stock then! First time I saw it I thought it was really low! :p yeah, will have to see if it has been fitted with the rear adjustable camber arms, I have suspicions that it might not though because the steering seems a little out and I've heard that this can be the cause? Any one else heard that before?

Could certainly be the cause. Just pop your back wheel off and have a check bud,if there eibach camber adjusters they do look quite stock though but you will see the adjustment on them if they are! Some other makes are different colours so you would tell if there on!
I'd either get some standard springs if you like oem or get the camber arms bolts and a Frsu! You'll be pleased with the handling if you go for the latter...

Had a look at the camber arms and I think I was wrong, they are also red like the springs so I'm guessing they've definitely been added on with the springs!? Not complaining about having a ready made lowered car :p would like to get the steering sorted though, wondering if its the generic steering rack problem? Car seems to steer both left and right at its own choice at random times and steering wheel is not quite centred in the middle, when going straight it's turned slightly clockwise?

Sounds like your alignment could be out bud,take it somewhere that has 4 way wheel alignment to get it 100% accurate.

Nice one, cheers dhaz, it's in for a service next week so I'll see if I can get it looked at shortly after :) cheers for all the info guys, it's been very helpful!

Get ball joints and drop links etc all checked aswell as the the geo, as they are most common to break first and cheapest to fix lol. That could be why its unset its self.

Back