• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

stolen Civic saturday night 03/03/07

what, so if you are not in they rip the house apart to find the keys rather than you leaving them easily found?

I am glad they were in the first drawer that they looked in as i would be very upset if they had trashed the whole house loioking for a set of keys!

Yeah I guess you're right mate better a stolen car than a destroyed house.

Still it's fcuking shocking the lengths they will go to :mad:

i agree andy, i'm glad no one was in at the time.

regarding HET, i don't think i'll be in a position to afford it as all spare cash will be going to the new car fund!

Fair enough Chris, although it will be a shame! Still - I hope things can be sorted out quickly.

Sorry to hear that. For once I actually know what it feels like. It's a ****er when it happens but don't get too down.

UPDATE THEY HAVE FOUND IT!

locked and parked well in Kirkby!

i have to take the spare keys to a garage in Aintree tomorrow morning

I have spoken to the garage and there are a few bumps and scrapes on it but basically it's fine!

i dont know if i want to keep it now, but the wife wanting another baby is stopping me chopping it in for a focus ST

back on the HET woo hoo!

Excellent news :)

Better get those locks changed though. Most probably parked up to see if it had a tracker fitted. Now it has been found they will think it does have a tracker and won't nick it again.

if it's not one thing its another!

when i get my insurance through the post i never read the policy booklet, from now on i'll read every fookin word!

i went to look at the car this morning (i have bought a new beast by this time- 1994 audi 80 se ) and couldn't see it as forensics hadn't been to it, and the spare keyfob had no battery in it!

I rang the local dealers and booked it in for new locks all round

£602.93!

when i told my insurance this (royal and sun alliance) they said i could claim £500 back for new locks!

even better was the £100 for personal effects ( £150 babyseat, £100 oakleys, 20+ cds )

i haven't seen the car yet but im definitely claiming through the insurance as there will be a few scrapes and dents on it

then it's straight to TDi north for a service, front engine mount, HIDs and sidelights, brakes and hopefully cams too!

Cheers for the advice Chris, I shall keep it mind and be extra security conscious in the next couple of months.

This sounds like me, my car was taken from my house with both sets of keys on the 3rd Jan 2007 and was recovered etc. Mine needs new locks all round too.

The only thing is I don't have mine yet after 2.5 months :(

Guys please refrain from posting the locations of other owners cars. This is a public forum, and anyone can get access.

Cheers.

Back