• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Stone chips

Yes i guess you are both right. I've got a good relationship with my dealer too, so i may enquire soon as to how much it may cost for future reference, and take it from there.

What a car to drive though................ :lol: :cool:

Honda-Civic-Type-R.jpg

Seriously though, I have exactly the same issue on my 04 Milano. Was super clean when I bought it six months ago but now it looks like Brian Adams' face. To be honest, I think it had been resprayed before for the same reason as I can now see some pitting under the paint work.

Silver cars FTW...but so dull :(

DSC01854.jpg

Hasnt come out very well, but bascially, all the white spots are stone chips.

Last edited by a moderator:
That does look pretty bad, I've only had mine 3 weeks but it's done 17k miles in 14 months and there's only a few. I don't remember my silver EP3 being any worse than other cars i've owned either... must be dependant on colour....

boys boys boys, you want stone chips, when i get home i will post a picture that will stop you feeling so bad and make you feel sorry for me! And while where on to paint my other car is an Fn2 ex fully loaded. Its just 1 year old and its going back on the paint warrenty because its flaking away on the near side wing. I will post some pics of that too.

mine is the same

my fn2 is only one week old and already has several chips on bonnet and passenger wing ,i have spoken to dealer and i am taking it back monday week to have it looked at ,i will let you know how i get on as regards to warranty as i work in the paint trade and have seen this problem on fords and vauxhalls ,it is due to paint being to brittle or poor adhesion to the primer .:cool:

I just had a 37k service..they did a report on the bodywork. EVERY panel has multiple stone chips including doors.....it really is a pice of sh1.t when it comes to the paint.

The Mrs does the same trip to work as me....she has a golf the same age...and not a mark on it.

Heart wrenching isn't it! I found a new one on the roof last week, god knows how it got there! Strafed by a cherry munching pigeon perhaps?

noticed a few on my NHB 58 reg (3.5k on clock) as I finally got around to cleaning it today. The bonnet is fine now as I put two layers of AG resin polish, 1 coat of extra gloss protection, one light coat of black turtle wax stuff, and the one final coat of normal wax. Brilliant.

The bumper on the other hands looks like someone has taken a blunt knife to it lol.

oh well lease car

i just bought a 2007 type r in milano red and the owner before did alot of motorway driving so he had clear plastic film put all round the front of the car which i saw on the receipt cost £300 so there are things u can do but must admit does sound exspensive!!! i pick mine up on my 21st so just waiting for it at moment, so painful waiting!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back