• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Stoptec brakes

The kit is 328mm. Yes they are very good at what they do.

STOPTECH recommend a bedding in process of several heavy stops to transfer pad material onto the disc surfcae.

Fire_2 said:
stoptech now fitted and OMG!!!!, went for the zinc ones too

btw u guys run spacer on standard wheels?

mine seems close i reken on a trackday i might need too

I had to run a spacer with the spoon calipers so I kept it on for piece of mind as it is pretty close with the stoptech, plus it widens the track by 10mm.

Fire_2 said:
ahh ok thanx guys, i better pop down halfords and get some 2mm spacers for the front i thinks.

Why? They clear the spokes fine. Yes they are a tight fit but there is no real issue.

I know this because Friendy is now using my old set.

Stoptech brake kits are now available from us.

£1259.99 delivered inc VAT so nowhere near £1500 as quoted earlier in this thread.

We are currently on a 2-3 week lead time from Old Sam soget your order in now :)

Also available for S2K, NSX, DC2, DC5!!

Stevie

Just a 'heads up' for those with the Stoptechs.

Just had my race car MOT done and we happened to notice crack/corrosion on the brake rotor around one of the fixings. Dealer I rang didnt seem to surprised and reckoned it may be due to salt corrosion.

Just check your own cos that could be one hell of an accident if it breaks whilst at speed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dealer I rang didnt seem to surprised and reckoned it may be due to salt corrosion.

Oh thats alright then :roll:

Pay ££££'s on the conversion to be told dont worry if there is a little salt corrosion :eek:

Who did you ring Sara?

A Stoptech dealer, Dotty;)

Wasnt the only thing noticed at the MOT place either......the camber adjusters on rear are fooked too.

Must give up this racing lark and be boring and sensible again:0

Maybe it would worth getting in touch with Stoptech directly. When I ordered my kit direct from them I opted for the optional anodised discs and bells to protect against things like salt corrosion.

This kind of thing needs to be highlighted IMO.

I should have gone for the real deal instead of an 'American copy' when I was looking to change:rolleyes: . Anycase mine were secondhand so theres no telling what previous owner did or didnt do with them.
He might have parked his car on the beach everynight for all I know:eek: :lol: :lol:

Im goona try a local engineering firm who normally make up parts for TGM and see what they can do for mine.

Just if you have Stoptechs check them to be safe;)

Update

Finally got the bells and rotors off the car and word of warning.....

Floating rotors are NOT meant to be tightened tight to the bell.:eek:

My previous owner couldnt have read the instructions correctly:rolleyes: hence the stress fractures through the bells. Having said that tho they are still corroded to fook

Update

Finally got the bells and rotors off the car and word of warning.....

Floating rotors are NOT meant to be tightened tight to the bell.:eek:

My previous owner couldnt have read the instructions correctly:rolleyes: hence the stress fractures through the bells. Having said that tho they are still corroded to fook
Nice to know that it isn't a manufacturing fault.

Well the way they are designed actually leaves a load to be desired especially when they are sat next to a Brembo bell and compared BUT I didnt want to pay Brembo prices .So you get what you pay for:rolleyes:

The corrosion will still be an issue even more so now that the rotors are floating again. It'll allow more salt corrosion and then they will go solid if left long enough when used on the road as normal. But you prob get that with any floating disc used on a road car to a certain extent.

The kit works fine withe the OEM brake master cylinder?
It's just to fit the kit and no other upgrades are required?

Hi, new to the forum but have been a member over on civic type r for a while. I'm in the middle of breaking my subaru type r and wonder if its worth keeping my stoptechs to put onto the civic. Anyone know what would be needed to put them on? Bells/caliper mounting brackets? (ST-40 calipers). Thanks in advance.

Back