• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Stoptech 328mm Brake Kit

Chris.

Founder
Administrator
Thinking about getting this kit.

The price I have been offered is really good, and from what I hear you need to be carefull you don't bounce your head of the window in an emergancy, so great stopping power!

Here is a pic:

S3400004.jpg

Website is www.stoptech.com

dotty said:
I will be sticking with the OEM set up - nothing wrong with it IMO

Was speaking to Donald and Blow yesterday, they have both driven CTR's around the ring. They were saying how good they thought the brakes held up to it !

If I were you Chris I'd put the money towards K-Pro ;)

So, either £650 on these second hand or get braided hoses, pads and fluid for less?

Thing is, I was getting slight fade on the ring.

milano_chris said:
So, either £650 on these second hand or get braided hoses, pads and fluid for less?

The braided hoses & fluid will help reduce fade a bit, depends on how hard you thrash your brakes.

Friendy said:
milano_chris said:

The braided hoses & fluid will help reduce fade a bit, depends on how hard you thrash your brakes.
Generally not that hard, unless I'm having a bit of fun! :twisted: :twisted:

Or trying to piss the wife of when she does make up on the move :lol: :lol:

Scousefella said:
Any fitment mods required or just a straight swap?

Straight swap Carl. And as you can see they fit under the oem rims, just :)

GCU Grey Area said:
Scousefella said:
Any fitment mods required or just a straight swap?

Straight swap Carl. And as you can see they fit under the oem rims, just :)

Nice. Need to start considering mods - standard car is now becoming a little "Sensible" fore my liking. :twisted:

If your future mods are going to consist of of a Supercharger or CAMS then buy the Stoptech kit, if not buy some Ferodo pads, Braided hoses, and some uprated discs.

Other members find the Standard pads and Discs good, but i found them to be crap!

I experienced brake fade at a roundabout, which was quite scarey!!

Awesam said:
I experienced brake fade at a roundabout, which was quite scarey!!

I had a little on the ring but never on the road :shock: :shock:

The easiest way to get rid of fade is to use some proper race fluid in the brakes, either Motul 600 or Castrol SRF.

Fit some good pads, I've always liked Mintex 1155s.

Enjoy.

I've done open pit days with that set up, and I really monster the brakes. Very little fade, if any. Just be prepared to get very few miles from your pads!!

Awesam said:
If your future mods are going to consist of of a Supercharger or CAMS then buy the Stoptech kit, if not buy some Ferodo pads, Braided hoses, and some uprated discs.

Other members find the Standard pads and Discs good, but i found them to be crap!

I think it's gonna be down to what you're going to do with them.

If you're racing then you need the Stoptech brakes.

If you're going to be fast roading etc then go with better pads, discs and the Braided hoses.

I've done the braided hoses so far. The braking has changed dramatically. The nose doesn't drive under heavy braking at all. Total control.

I've got some EBC stock rotors and red pads on the way.

An improvement over stock without having to go loco with Huge discs.

If you only occasionally do track days and do mostly road work then uprated pads, fluid and the brake hoses are spot on.

Changing to harder pads , grooved/drilled discs for the road can cause annoying problems like excess noise or pad squeal (which can be dust related or cos you aren't getting them hot enough for what they want!)

At the end of the day its tyres that give you the grip to stop brakes just slow the wheel rotation or something like that :lol:

My advice comes straight from a Brit car racer, even tho Im planning on racing mine next year hes only advised changing to a harder pad (currently have DS2500) but changing the fluid after every race and pads after every 2.
8)

YOUR ALL MISSING THE EASIEST AND FREE WAY TO GET EXCELLENT BRAKES!

Strip out your car and you wont believe how much better your brakes become!

My friends vti 1992 has nothing in it, one seat and the abs still can't stop the greenstuff pads from locking up! Really!!!

I say take you back seats out (no need to go any further like me and friends) then go green or red stuff (EBC)

Back