• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Stoptech Brakes for DC5

I've just got hold of some Stoptechs for my ep3 but i'm thinking of selling the ep3 for a DC5.

Does anybody know if the ep3 stoptechs will fit a DC5, maybe with different adaptors?:confused:

Not sure mate. I know there's a lot of work to get DC5 brakes onto the EP3, hubs and something else springs to mind needs changing, so I don't think it's a straightforward as just a quick swap.

Tom at TGM will know though.

Will be good to hear the results, my mate is after my FD2 brakes for his EP3 in the event I upgrade to 6pots & 355 discs :twisted:

Indeed, but I'm pretty sure the calipers are the same as the DC5, so the method is still valid. The bigger headache will be if he wants to use the bigger discs from the FD, as it'll need spacer plates for the caliper.

Last edited by a moderator:
FD2 ones will be a real pain to do unless you swap the hubs imo.

As the caliper bracket will be around the round side as stated, and would require some serious machining to mount the caliper on the front side of the wheel. Even so i wouldnt feel safe running it.

Unless you can just mount the caliper on the rear of the wheel as normal but again would need a custom bracket :)

I'm thinking custom bracket and a change of hubs. I'm pretty sure the calipers are the same as the Teg (pads are identical), just swapped round to suit the front-mounted location.

TBH until I get them off the car none of this is concrete - and that depends totally on me going mental on new brake kit :D

Back