• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Strange knocking noise...

Hi all,

Have had my Type-R for a couple of months now and love it to death - certainly gets my pulse racing on a regular basis!!! However, since I've had the car I have noticed an intermittent, loud, knocking sound coming from under the bonnet. It seems to happen (though not every time) when turning the wheel at low speed ie maneovering, and I must admit it doesn't sound particularly healthy. Is this a common problem with the Type-R or should I go and pay my dealer a visit? Any ideas?...

Thanks...

Im not too sure, as i dont own a CTR.

But it sounds like top mounts, and these are a common problem. Many people have taken theirs to the dealer and they've tightened them up which sorts the problem out.

Welcome though 8) Sure your problem will be answered soon! :)

Yeah, it is fairly common, and not as bad as it sounds usually.

Mine did it for a while, and as Dynax rightly said, the dealers tightened the top mounts of the struts and its all good again. 8)
:wink:

I had this...noticed it a few times when parking...but now it has gone..... :?

i had this and it was an intermittent fault, had the struts tightened and it cured it for a while but then it came back

Just had a new suspension strut put in under warranty and its no longer there

Just come back from my friendly, local Honda dealer and guess what - it, turns out it was as suggested, the top suspension mounts...just a quick tighten and now all is quiet - hopefully for good!!! Thanks for the feedback guys...

Back