• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Strange misfire EP3

Hi,

Iv got a strange misfire on my 2005 EP3, only occurs when Im changing up the gear when driving totaly normaly.
When I go past 3500 rpm or boot it it does not seem to happen.
You can hear it missfire through the exhaust and feel a hesitation then it goes away, only happens for aprox 1.5 seconds.

Mods, Exhaust (back box) and induction kit.
Car has done 60k.

I have put some fuel system cleaner through it last night so that may help and Iv ordered some new spark plugs as they are prob due at about 60k anyway.

Any suggestions or has this happened to anyone?

snap i have this & i had it on my first ctr a few years ago & my brothers ctr does it it only happened when i put the dc sports cat back system on

Odd, as I only noticed it when I put the zorst on.
How the hell does that work then?? Id imagine something to do with back pressure but im no scientist lol

Dont know mate i changed plugs on my first 1 but it stayed the same i dont let it bother me now (unlike many of other ctr problems that p*ss me off)

I know this is an old thread but how do you guys live with it like this?? It's absolutely doing my head.

Think I will put the OEM exhaust back on... Really don't want to...

But right now I have never hated a Honda but this car is phishing me off!!!

My EP3 had the big bore exhaust since 2 years started from the previous owner, but me and him never had problem with it.

Yeah same problem with me aswell but I'm running a massive HKS HI-POWER. Sometimes between gearchanges, if you listen to the engine, you can faintly hear the missfire and I can only guess its due to the backpressure.

Back