• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Strange noise under throttle

2007 FN2 Civic Type R - I've noticed recently a strange noise which only happens when the accelerator is pressed. If you lift off at all it stops immediately. Seems to occur throughout rev range but most prominent around 2k-4k rpm, though it may be that the engine and exhaust noise is drowning it out.

It's difficult to describe the noise. It's not really a rattle as such; if you can think of crickets chirping at night it's not vastly different to that! It definitely seems to be coming from the bulkhead/engine area.

Anyone heard this before? Could it be tappets or would they be noisy all the time regardless of on or off the throttle?

Last edited by a moderator:
have you checked out the PCV valve?
there is a youtube video on this, it does sound possible that this is your noise

Check that the drive shaft cover isnt slightly loose. I was getting a similar noise and it was that. I just tightened up the bolt and it was fine.....

Assuming that the FN2 has one of these which im pretty sure it does.

Back