• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

strange noise

Hi, I'm having this strange noise, when I turn right there is no sound, but if I turn left it sounds like.something is catching. Also when I put my car in reverse and move again there is a strange noise. Doesn't happen when I go foruward. Any ideas

Sticky calipers maybe ? Little bit more info needed really .. What sort of noise? Rubbing/grinding? Crunching? Knocking?

Possibly a vibration type of noise, but I've tried checking the heat shields and so on, but can't find anything loose. As I say when I'm turning a slight left hand bend and the car rolls and weight is transfered it makse the noise then. And when I put it into reverse again, however when I start it in the morning, and reverse out of the drive, it doesn't do it as the revs are higher due to the auto choke.

Sounds like a backplate catching a brake disc. Unless its really badly rubbing you normally won't hear it catching Unless your turning. Try just pushing the plate back a bit(at the top, bottom and sides)

Just been to tdi north, and they have found the front engine mounts have gone, and this could be causing the exhaust to rattle underneath, will let you know what the issue is.

Found the noise to be the heat shield around the cat had split, the good lads at Tdi north have sorted this. Car sounds great again.

Back