• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Strange noise?!

Hi all,

The civic has developed a noise when driving at speed (60mph+).

Its hard to describe the noise. It makes the breaks feel juddery but below that speed, i never experience any problems. It isn't constant either, almost like the car has adjusted and its fine again.

I have stripped both front callipers and cleaned round the pads. Everything is free moving and clean yet the noise persists. The pads are a little low, probably just under half. It makes no vibrations through the steering wheel what so ever, its just an audible noise.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks!

Hi all,

The civic has developed a noise when driving at speed (60mph+).

Its hard to describe the noise. It makes the breaks feel juddery but below that speed, i never experience any problems. It isn't constant either, almost like the car has adjusted and its fine again.

I have stripped both front callipers and cleaned round the pads. Everything is free moving and clean yet the noise persists. The pads are a little low, probably just under half. It makes no vibrations through the steering wheel what so ever, its just an audible noise.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks!

I am hearing a noise too that comes from the dashboard. It isn´t constant, but is pronounced after a long journey. I'll take my machine to service next mounth and to fix such noise

Back