• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Strange raspy/soft milkshake slurping noise when engine braking

Hi Guys

My EP3 car makes a very weird noise in the lower gears when lifting of the throttle and engine braking. Stops when I push clutch in or give it any throttle.

It's really hard to describe, it sort of sounds induction related, its a raspy sort of rattle, very strange, the heat shield rattle has recently been sorted btw. Sort of sounds like slurping the last bit of a milkshake through a straw.

Seems to get slightly worse when the cars warm and been driven hard-ish.

Initially I thought it was induction related, I checked air box and lo and behold there was a crack, I assumed this was the cause however after replacing the entire air box including filter today it still does it.

Any ideas? I worry too much about cars, any peculiar noise makes me anxious lol especially as I've only just bought it.

Maybe I'm being silly and over reacting, I just want to enjoy it, what a fantastic engine.

Appreciate your time, thanks

Back