• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Strange sound under braking

Recently I've been getting a strange "click" sound when I brake from any speed above parking speed. It sounds as if its coming from the front somewhere and doesn't do it if I brake very very gently or brake from a very slow speed.

I also think I may have a problem with one of my front suspensions as everytime I go over a pot hole or speed bump it makes as similar sound so I think it may be related. Also, it seems to only do it when the car is warmed up not when its cold.

Any ideas? If it is one of the front suspension systems, how much will it cost to replace or is there an easy fix?

Cheers :)

Have you checked the nuts on the suspension turret, they can come loose sometimes?

I could try that but I don't have any tools to check the correct torque though. Is it the 3 bolts at the top of the suspension mount? I.e. the ones used to mount an ETD bracket/strut to?

Back