• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Struggling to understand Insurance companies and the prices!

Basically I have a Fiat Punto Sporting (yes fast car i know! lol) I'm insured with Admiral, and my Insurance is £820 fully comp forthe year. Works out near enough £70 a month.

Just recently bought my CTR EP3 Facelift Model.

I have done quotes online for my CTR and the premium for the year is £1200. By my calculations that is £100 a month.

When i phone Admiral up (my renewal is due October 24th, so only like 2 months away) BUT they are telling me that I will need to make up the extra premium of over £400 to make the full amount I have paid this year as £1200. This means that for the next 2 months they want Direct Debits of £260!! How does this work out?

Unless I am stupid, my brain is telling me that it's wrong? Surely the 'yearly' premium for my CTR should be time apportioned to how long I want to insure on it? So why are they telling me it's £260 per month until october and not £100?

I can't understand how effectively I will be paying the full amount overall as though I've insured on my CTR for 12 months, but really I should only be charged for 2 months insurance of what a yearly quote will be?

Is anyone able to explain this to me, because I just feel they are having a Laugh!!

Cheers
Phil.

They tried to change my mates monthly payments with out telling him doubled the price said they had made a mistake in the original quote lol ended up he said he wasnt paying it cause he didnt have the money in the bank and he said he wasnt paying and they went back to original quote price again.

First ive heard of what there saying to you, its usually just you pay the 2 month then its a renewal and should be even cheaper again with a no claims bonus added.

I would phone them say that isnt right etc and say you want to cancel see what they say then.

They tried to change my mates monthly payments with out telling him doubled the price said they had made a mistake in the original quote lol ended up he said he wasnt paying it cause he didnt have the money in the bank and he said he wasnt paying and they went back to original quote price again.

First ive heard of what there saying to you, its usually just you pay the 2 month then its a renewal and should be even cheaper again with a no claims bonus added.

I would phone them say that isnt right etc and say you want to cancel see what they say then.

I did exactly this. I phoned them back and said to them I can't possibly see how they come to that price. Basically had a Manager on the phone eventually, went through it all with him they said that they cant do anything about it cause that's the price, he said he will see what he can do and call back the following day. Calls me back the next day and he managed to get a massive saving of £5, yes FIVE QUID!

Also for them to rub salt in the wound, they said that if I cancel now (partway through the policy) they will backdate all of the Multicar discount I have received since I first insured with them (talking atleast a grand there) and I would get charged that amount for cancelling. Talk about grabbed me by the Crown Jewels!!

If you need to pay it then just tell them soon as the year is up ur leaving well thats what i would do. shocking they know they have you by the balls so they take the **** insurance price are a joke as it is.

Try kwik fit insurance that was cheapest i got for my type r not had a problem with them yet.

I'm not paying it. So unfortunately i've gotta stick with my Punto until 24th October. talk about tease!!!
Yeah told them that i'm leaving in october but still couldnt do anything for me.

I'm sick of getting ripped off :(

Welcome to the UK

It's always the same in UK. Lived here all my life, yet seem to always get ripped off.

Think the best thing to do is just be a scrounger, not work, claim benefits, claim that i'm homeless, maybe i'll actually get somewhere then.

Sick of working and paying all my taxes, yet always seem to be worse off then people scrounging and doing **** all with there life.

Mate they're all rip off merchants. It cost me more to insure my 1.2 feista then it does my EP3. DAFAQ

That's because more EP3's get written off or are involved in claims then X5's I would imagine

Back