• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Strut brace yes or no !!!!

Does having a front strut brace make muck difference to the handling or should I just spend the £100+ on some think else for it ?

Have you had the fast road set-up done?

If not then spend your money on the FRSU instead as a strut brace will show minimal improvements if the geometry isn't set up to give you the basic grip.

My Ep3 was on rails after I had my FRSU and strut brace fitted.

One of the best things you can do to a EP3.

as above, an after market strut brace will make no difference to the handling, as it comes with one as standard. looks super cool though!

FRSU will make a massive difference though!

Without uprating all of the weaker links within the front end, a strut brace is fairly pointless tbh. There is already a brace in front of the rack.

Without uprating all of the weaker links within the front end, a strut brace is fairly pointless tbh. There is already a brace in front of the rack.

I disagree, after a FRSU I took off my J's strut brace for a few weeks and the front felt noticeably less sharp on turn in. Also the standard strut brace is too low down to hold the suspension turrets adequately. Adding something like the J's strut brace will make a noticeable difference.

I disagree, after a FRSU I took off my J's strut brace for a few weeks and the front felt noticeably less sharp on turn in. Also the standard strut brace is too low down to hold the suspension turrets adequately. Adding something like the J's strut brace will make a noticeable difference.

I don't buy into any of the strut braces that aren't point to point. All of the braces that go round the brake and clutch reservoirs are just for bling, there is no brace efect in my eyes, it is merely the torque of the bolts on each end of the bar that is holding the 2 struts apart, and the brackets from twisting. I fitted a J's Racing brace and noticed no discernable difference at all, and again when I removed it there was no change in feel. Polybush everything and fit a spoon or dc brace if you want to stiffen the front end up.

imo.

I second this! My tegs done a fair few miles and after taking the stock brace off and fitting a J's I noticed a huge difference on front end sharpness.

I do agree with FRSU as well though. Both mods together will work a treat!

Back