• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Strut top bearing Help!!!

I have been told thos is the reason my newly lowered 35mm ep3 is making a clunking knocking sound when turning corners ect, anyone came across this before or know if this is right? Thanks in advance guys!

Strange. You haven't mentioned it ;)

And watch the text typing please!

You need to remove the front shock unit and remove the top mount and have a look at it.

Strange i havent mentioned that it was lowered? I said on my "newley lowered"
ep3? And basically two different garages said they think its the strut top bearing i just have no idea and wondered if any of you had came across this before.

It was sarcasm...

You have posted about it around 4 dozen times.

As I said, you need to remove the strut to get to the top mount to check it......

Well iam pretty sure sure i haven't posted about it 48 times :)

And I would do that but as i said i dont have a clue as were not all car techs!

I thought the forum was for help ect , obviously i was clearly wrong.

I am trying to help you.

I have told you what you need to do.
If you are incapable of doing so, take it to a garage! :D

If two seperate garages have told you what the problem is, please tell me what we as a forum are supposed to tell you via the internet??

Well 1 as i said i took it the garage and as i said they both said they "think" thats what the problem is, obviously by me asking people on here they would definitely know if they had had this problem before.

word of advice mate, asking for help on a subject and then when some advice is given to you moaning about it is not gonna get you very far, said people will tend to just not bother helping you out in future...

I don't know Stoo. personally but from the time i have been on here its obvious he knows his stuff.

There are a few different things which could cause the knocking you mention and without physically inspecting them it is pretty much impossible to diagnose, so as Stoo. said if 2 garages think its the same problem then get them to check it out...

I have the sleeves on mate.

And i appreciate any help mate i really do its just theres no need for sarcasm, anyway i have ordered 2 strut top bearings from honda so i will let you all know if this works or not.

Once again Thanks to all of you for your help much appreciated :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well guys took the car today into the garage along with the two new bearings from honda £52 for both, and just picked it up there all done and feels great no more knocking! The damaged bearing was cracked and wore, Only charged me £20 but i gave him £30 as he had already said £20 for the 1 side and he did a great job! So all sorted :)

Back