• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

CH1 Stupid ATR...

So much for Honda reliability I can honestly say this is the most un-reliable car that I've owned! I am sure my car must be a bad one. I am spending most months to keep it on the road. (I am sure Rich will agree with this)

Anyway I am now car less over Christmas as the passenger front caliper decided to seize solid. Thought it wasn't very quick when I joined the dual carriage way. Then the steering wheel started shaking at 80+ like warped brake discs. Pulled over and the smoking pads and purple caliper said it all really.

Of all the times to break when no one is working.
Seriously considering changing in the New Year. Starting to annoy me now.

Rant over :p

Bad luck mate, just about the worst time of year to have car trouble unless you likely like me as I don't have to do much driving for a change thsi year.

Hope you get it sorted. Could be it just needs a strip down and clean??

sorry to hear that Mark, can you send me your address for the decat please dude.

The caliper will probably be a cheap fix, there's not really anything complicated that can go wrong.

If you need a caliper, I sold the Irish a set 2 months ago, give him a try ?

Bad luck mate, just about the worst time of year to have car trouble unless you likely like me as I don't have to do much driving for a change thsi year.

Hope you get it sorted. Could be it just needs a strip down and clean??

I'm supposed to be driving Christmas day, boxing day and then I'm working Friday. So it looks like I'll be paying a fortune for Taxi's :lol:

The pistons is all the way out at the top with the seal showing. Then when I tried to push it back in I could see fluid coming out.

sorry to hear that Mark, can you send me your address for the decat please dude.

The caliper will probably be a cheap fix, there's not really anything complicated that can go wrong.

If you need a caliper, I sold the Irish a set 2 months ago, give him a try ?

Hi Paul.

I sent Rich my Addy, but I can send it to you if you need it?

I spoke to Andy yesterday as it happens and he mentioned that he had a set in his garage. So hopefully I will be sorted if I need them.

I'm supposed to be driving Christmas day, boxing day and then I'm working Friday. So it looks like I'll be paying a fortune for Taxi's :lol:

The pistons is all the way out at the top with the seal showing. Then when I tried to push it back in I could see fluid coming out.

Aww crap :(

well if they are, how does a brand new set of front discs and pads for 57 quid sound :)

well if they are, how does a brand new set of front discs and pads for 57 quid sound :)

That sounds good. I am running Bretech's at the minute, but anything to get it back on the road :santa:

Don't feel too bad now I've had my rant. Off out tonight so I'm sure I'll forget about it after a few drinks :santa:

Ideed that sucks Mark.

But these things can happen. We give her a good trashing from time to time.

Upgrading brakes with race pads will generate more heat. This will work on the parts together with the dust/dirt. I orderd a complete brake calipers refirbish set front and rear. one of my front callipers is 100% releasing and the disc edge is turning purpel too. I think this is normal after 120.000km and a few trackdays.

But I agree to reach for your car and not being able to use her is annoying:mad:

My luck the last month:
My Radiator started to leak on the rear one week B4 we were to leave for the Essen Motorshow in Germany with the HTRCB. You guest it, the radiator was in backorder:( and to be deliverd on the very day we were to drive to Germany... I managed to find the only one in "dead stock"in Europe. Problem was is stood in Frankfurt Germany :(. I managed to get it one day B4 we were to leave for Germany. Worked to get the radiator in and together with the de-cat, finshed at 22:00:D

Here is a pic for me and my two German friends:twisted:
IMG_3008.jpg

Cheers for the replies guys. I know it's not the end of the world. Just annoying at this time of year. Hopefully have something sorted by the started of next week may be with the help of Andy :)

Ideed that sucks Mark.

But these things can happen. We give her a good trashing from time to time.

Upgrading brakes with race pads will generate more heat. This will work on the parts together with the dust/dirt. I orderd a complete brake calipers refirbish set front and rear. one of my front callipers is 100% releasing and the disc edge is turning purpel too. I think this is normal after 120.000km and a few trackdays.

But I agree to reach for your car and not being able to use her is annoying:mad:

My luck the last month:
My Radiator started to leak on the rear one week B4 we were to leave for the Essen Motorshow in Germany with the HTRCB. You guest it, the radiator was in backorder:( and to be deliverd on the very day we were to drive to Germany... I managed to find the only one in "dead stock"in Europe. Problem was is stood in Frankfurt Germany :(. I managed to get it one day B4 we were to leave for Germany. Worked to get the radiator in and together with the de-cat, finshed at 22:00:D

Here is a pic for me and my two German friends:twisted:
IMG_3008.jpg

Cheers for that Frans the picture cheered me up :D

Also your description makes sense.

Back