• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Sub box dimensions for EP3 Civic - Boot Dimensions?

Hi Team

I'm looking at having a custom sub box made for my ep3...does anyone have the dimensions for the boot? how big can I go?

I'll be looking at a ported twin box for my pair of Orions HCCA's...

Length, Width, Height would be ideal, I have 6x9's in the parcel shelf so I don't want to have it so high it'll push my speakers up.

Many thanks

From my very limited knowledge in car sound systems having a massive sub under 6x9's is a terrible idea.

From my very limited knowledge in car sound systems having a massive sub under 6x9's is a terrible idea.

I have 2 massive subs lol...I totally agree that the 6x9's will sound pretty poor as the air movement from the subs will affect my speakers, I was going to grab a stealth shelf so the baskets etc will not be open to air movement, failing that some 6x9 speaker boxes mounted somewhere?

I have sourced an old Vibe CBR12 Twin box for £20 (I've always had vibe in the past and know their boxes are amazing) so hopefully the bass production will be much better as it's got 2 ports and designed for good bass pressure.

Why not just uprate the door speakers fit some tweeters and do it properly?

I have upgraded every speaker I can possibly fit in my car TomCat...

Here's my spec

Fli Underground Front Speakers - 120w / 90wrms
Vibe Slick Rear Speakers - 220w - 100wrms
Vibe Slick 6x9 - 440w - 220wrms
2x Orion XTR12 Subs in a sealed box
Orion HCCA 225R Amp
Orion CS100.2 Amp
Helix power Cap
Helix 5 Band Graphic EQ
Pioneer DEH-9300SD

The whole kit cost me over £2000 in total

I have upgraded every speaker I can possibly fit in my car TomCat...

Here's my spec

Fli Underground Front Speakers - 120w / 90wrms
Vibe Slick Rear Speakers - 220w - 100wrms
Vibe Slick 6x9 - 440w - 220wrms
2x Orion XTR12 Subs in a sealed box
Orion HCCA 225R Amp
Orion CS100.2 Amp
Helix power Cap
Helix 5 Band Graphic EQ
Pioneer DEH-9300SD

The whole kit cost me over £2000 in total

I don't know anything about speakers to be honest. So that means nothing to me. But why spend 2k then still have 6x9's?

I don't know anything about speakers to be honest. So that means nothing to me. But why spend 2k then still have 6x9's?

I personally didn't spend that, I have the receipts for all the items from the guy I bought it off, it was used for competitions but it sounded better in his car for some reason...

Maybe I need it fine tuned?

6x9's in my opinion are far better than components as they can take more of a beating and produce good bass, mid and treble.

Door speakers only neutralize all the sound coming from the rear...

I need an audio wizard...

i used to have 2 planet audio big bang subs and an audio control epicenter in my old car, best thing i did was remove them. I just run a set of planet audio components in the front and the 6x9s in the shelf with an amp. still get a really good thump out of that as well as quality sound.

i used to have 2 planet audio big bang subs and an audio control epicenter in my old car, best thing i did was remove them. I just run a set of planet audio components in the front and the 6x9s in the shelf with an amp. still get a really good thump out of that as well as quality sound.

I am a BASS HEAD!! if it aint loud your too old!!

I want maximum bass, maximum sound quality...probably don't help being in a tin can of a Honda haha ;) need to sound deaden the whole thing.

I've not heard of planet audio before either, *googles them*

I might re-think my whole set up...thing is...if you got it, use it :)

I had all mine supplied and fitted by k&m acoustics in Wigan, cost just under £3000 for everything.
The epicenter box was a bit crazy though as it creates a really deep bass when you turn it on even if the song has no bass.

Back