• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Subwoofers and practicality

I'm a little way off from doing anything about this but at some point I'm going to swap out the stereo for something that will take a USB stick, or ever better has Spotify installed (Parrot head units seem an option?), but my question comes from the choice of subwoofers.

One of the things I love about the EP3 is the bread van practicality despite it going like the clappers, and now and then I fold the back down for carrying bikes and such, it would truck me right off to have something in the way that negated that practicality.

Anyone know of any easily removable amp/sub solutions that are quite neat, or even an under-seat mounted one, I'm sure I've heard rumours of these but never found anything I was sure would fit an EP3.

I can't be the only EP3 owner with slippers, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Under seat subwoofers were something I considered, they are out there. I think they would be a tight fir under the seats but I'm sure its possible to fit them.

You could potentially fit a normal sub and amp in the boot with an inline connector for the wiring (positive, earth and remote).

Or the third option is to fit a stealth box that would fit into the nsr or osr quarter.

I had an under seat subwoofer in my Smart Roadster I had a few years ago. It did a job but wasn't fantastic.

You can get sub boxes that mount to the side of the boot or get something custom made

I have an under seat 'sub' in my S2000, its not ever going to produce to proper bass you want from a sub but it does help with the lower tones as you can take some bass away from the speakers

Cunning idea, I know someone who has something like this come to think of it..

Thanks.

It's rare (month or two) between times I'd need to do this so should work out fine.

Cheers for the suggestions everyone.

Yea either an under seat one for some extra bass or have a look at somewhere like Car Audio Direct and they will have sub/amp combos in one box for a good price

Back