• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Suggestion of Cleaning Alloys with Supagard Protection??

NeilH

Banned
I was looking at my alloys yesterday and I've noticed that I'm beginning to get a build-up of brake dust. I had Supagard applied when I bought the car, which has done a very good job so far.

I normally use warm water and a little fairy liquid (which I wash thoroughly after with cold water after), but it isn't removing the really old stuff. I have the Supagard Aftercare kit, but the spary on cleaner doesn't seem to be shifting the brake dust.

Can anyone suggest a good alloy cleaner/protector which will do the job, but not affect the Supagard which is already there?

Many thanks in advance

I have the Supagard applied to my CTR i find if i wash the wheels with and alloy wheel cleaner and the wax the wheels that seems to keep the dust off them for a while and then when i come to wash the wheels again they come up a treat....

i think the wax must stop the dust sticking to the wheels as much...

hope that helps.

craigiusmaximus said:
I have the Supagard applied to my CTR i find if i wash the wheels with and alloy wheel cleaner and the wax the wheels that seems to keep the dust off them for a while and then when i come to wash the wheels again they come up a treat....

hope that helps.

Thanks for info mate, very useful.

I'm kinda of looking to go down my local Halfords and get the best alloy wheel cleaner, as I'm going to spend a bit of time on the wheels. What do you recommend that I should use - Supagard product or another compatible product??

Thanks,

NeilH said:
craigiusmaximus said:

hope that helps.

I'm kinda of looking to go down my local Halfords and get the best alloy wheel cleaner, as I'm going to spend a bit of time on the wheels. What do you recommend that I should use - Supagard product or another compatible product??

Thanks,

megs do a wheel cleaner and it is is really good you could use that then top up the wheels with supagard and the add wax on top of that to get them looking tip top...... :D

craigiusmaximus said:
NeilH said:
craigiusmaximus said:

hope that helps.

Thanks,

megs do a wheel cleaner and it is is really good you could use that then top up the wheels with supagard and the add wax on top of that to get them looking tip top...... :D

Thanks for the info, that looks exactly what I should use. I appreciate your advice :D

NeilH said:
craigiusmaximus said:
NeilH said:
craigiusmaximus said:

hope that helps.

Thanks,

Thanks for the info, that looks exactly what I should use. I appreciate your advice :D

no problems mate let me know how you get on with it and post some pics if you can..... 8)

Autoglym do a spray can of seal stuff that works really well i find.

aut_aws.jpg

Fire_2 said:

aut_aws.jpg

I use this as well....my only non-megs cleaning product :lol:

You can literally wipe the brake dust off with a cloth afterwards 8)

Welsh-Rich said:
Fire_2 said:

aut_aws.jpg

I use this as well....my only non-megs cleaning product :lol:

You can literally wipe the brake dust off with a cloth afterwards 8)

i have used this too really good stuff....

Thanks guys, I really appreciate all of your recommendations...

If it ain't snowing come Friday - I will be down Halfords and then I'll spend a good time cleaning my wheels...

NeilH said:
Thanks guys, I really appreciate all of your recommendations...

If it ain't snowing come Friday - I will be down Halfords and then I'll spend a good time cleaning my wheels...

as i said in a previous (sp) post let us all know how you go on and what you use and even get some pics up... 8)

I use AutoGlym Clean Wheels. Spray it on, leave for about 2 mins then use the AutoGlym brush on the stubborn deposits of dust. The brush sombined with the cleaner does a really effective job. Got my wheels back to the way they were looking when I first had the car.

/\/\/\//\ I think its supposed to be a sealant for once you have cleaned the wheel - You spray it on then buff it off.

Wonder Wheels seems to be best for removing very stubborn dirt, but it can be quite corrosive!

Back