• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Suggestions and Help!!

Hi all, its a query I have.
Started my car this morning nothing out the ordinary hadn't been blasting it over the last few days,and the revs drop to 400rpm and the engine management light came on?? Petrol light only just come on so know I have about 30miles left. I will put it on a diagnostic but in mean time, is it good to drive and does anyones have similar or clues as to problem!?
Help much appreciated!!

Hi there,

It could be numerous things that are causing your problems. If you've run it very low on fuel the lines maybe blocked with dreggs is one possibility. Otherwise, as you said, get the code read and post it up and I'm sure someone will be able to help.

Update. Started yesterday same issue, took on board fuel comments limped to get fuel took for a blast warmed up, and all was fine! No issues today from cold anyway! Good advice. Do you still think it would be an idea to get it diagnosed still?

dont ever let mine get low on fuel, never below quarter of a tank, dont want to start dragging crap through the system, i'd say keep a close eye on it and if the code doesnt flash up again then you've found the issue

dont ever let mine get low on fuel, never below quarter of a tank, dont want to start dragging crap through the system, i'd say keep a close eye on it and if the code doesnt flash up again then you've found the issue

Seriously? Never below 1/4 of a tank.

the only time its been below 1/4 is when i bought it, its just gone under half and i'll be topping it up again this weekend

Fuel light, then some more miles, then fill up. It'll use less fuel when lighter and perform better. :lol:

I'm the same. There is no routine or specific petrol. Just put some in when it runs out.

got a phobia of being low on fuel and there is an emergency, wouldnt want to have to find a petrol station before getting somewhere quickly, plus like has been said, each to their own.

TBH the fuel filter will stop any sh*t being dragged in. Although I fill my ep3 up at 1/4 tank, just so it costs £50 to fill up! lol

Back