• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Suggestions please (for the car)

Not sure what to do next, was thinking of a set of cams, but having been on club rsx, the cost versus gain seems poor, possible NOS, not sure how that would work as I mainly do track days on the strip. Wait and increase the capacity, the cost is coming out at £4k, or do I fit the toda kit with a thicker head gasket to lower the compression.

Any ideas?

Here's a curve ball for you - sell the JRSC and go and see CPL for one of their turbo kits

evilowl said:
Here's a curve ball for you - sell the JRSC and go and see CPL for one of their turbo kits

Thats what I would have done in the first place if I wanted to go FI, if I had the money.

Cheers so far, it looks like NOS, and or make me and the car lighter, take a loss on the supercharger and move into new territory with a turbo, would like to see the longer term effects of the turbo first, if I sell the civic, not sure what I would get for the level of performance the civic now gives.

Just buy a Evo and take it to RC Developments and say hello can you make me this into a 700 BHP monster and give them a blank cheque

Or NOS the Civic :)

Tarticus said:
Just buy a Evo and take it to RC Developments and say hello can you make me this into a 700 BHP monster and give them a blank cheque

Or NOS the Civic :)

I don't have that kind of money, or I don't want to spend that kind of money on a car, NOS is looking very likely.

Leave the keys in it outside Goodison Park - It will go Fookin Quick then!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I could possibly say you've got enough power for a track car?

NOS seems pointless unless its only the extra power for 1/4mile runs but there is only so much you can put through the front wheels when trying to go round a corner?

If you want a trackday car, get yourself an Atom or a K20 powered Elise :idea:

Nicks correct m8, any more power and you are into rwd/4wd terratory. It's ok going for a turbo on a CTR but in the reall world it will not be any quicker. And up a strip only when the chassis/drivetrain and tyres are set up to handle the power. Why not get the most out of what you have?

I remember seeing Andy Barnes round Brands beating M3's and 450 bhp Skylines in his CTR when all it had was his (mystery) chip, Spoon N1, Spoon callipers and lowering springs.

He just out handled everyone.

I know that sounds boring, but I realy feel a turbo is fine for blasts up a strip (when working with a K20 especialy), but a sustained track day???

What chassis mods (including braking) have you done so far? Just out of interest.

Tein flex suspension with edfc, rear jdm anti roll bar, that's it at the moment, looks like the handling route is the way to go and or make the car lighter.

G is totally right....you need to decide what you are gonna be doing with your car.

Just to give you an example my car was keeping up with a s/c Civic on a track purely cos of its handling thro the corners. Possibly if traffic hadn't got in the way it would have gone past on the twisties.
Unfortuanetly its set up is useless for drag racing and Im not having it realigned every time just for 14 seconds of straight lines.
Something you might want to do if you want to track and drag your car but its costly.

Making the car lighter is good because its a free mod but dont expect huge time gains, tenths of seconds is all youll likely gain. On the track it will help with braking- less weight , less force needed to slow the car. I wouldn't want to remove some of the stuff gone from my car if I didnt have the roll cage for protection, so might not get much removed from a road car.
Tough decision...but thats why you dont see my car at the drag strip now and probably why you dont see the likes of guy on the race track.

I much prefer the track to the drag strip, using you guys as a sounding board and to see what is on offer, as the power per pound now seems to be very high, cams with fitting are looking at £1500 for 15 to 20bhp. I think I will look at what is available to improve on the handling, again thanks for your help.

Scousefella said:
Leave the keys in it outside Goodison Park - It will go Fookin Quick then!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Went to Albert docks last week parked infront of a mobile police cctv van :lol: :lol:

SOates82 said:
Brakes? Get a set of AP`s all the way round with a biase valve.

The EBC discs & pads seem to be holding up, I suppose I will have a clearer idea after I have been on the Mac Track day on Saturday as this will be the first one since the supercharger was fitted

I would take Sara's advice...

Handling
Lighten the car

Maybe even consider some lessons for trackdays, this does make you quicker etc.... (once mimes sorted this winter, then I will do this)

Back