• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Suits' Cosmic EP3 - ***Oil Leak 08/09/23

I searched and searched for them but couldn’t find any. I ended up going with the climair ones and I’m pretty happy with the quality.

I've seen a few 'new' sets come up on FB (which is a fcuking nightmare place TBH) that have sold for £300 , used ones go for up to £200

Do you have any pictures of the Climair ones fitted to your car ?? The ones I've seen look a lot smaller and darker than the old JDM ones....

Nice looking Cosmic! Really tidy and looks well looked after. Been awhile since I’ve posted on here. After a few years of neglect of my NHB I think it’s time to show her a bit of tlc. Getting some inspiration from all these mint examples out there

Getting some inspiration from all these mint examples out there

I think they're starting to come into their own again, sort of coming out of the price dip and into peoples minds again.

Good examples are starting to cost and cost with undersealing and other expensive tasks pushing them out of the hands of the younger enthusiasts and into the minds of the older or perhaps returning drivers.

I think they're starting to come into their own again, sort of coming out of the price dip and into peoples minds again.

Good examples are starting to cost and cost with undersealing and other expensive tasks pushing them out of the hands of the younger enthusiasts and into the minds of the older or perhaps returning drivers.

Yeh you’re 100% right. I’ve owned mine since 2014 as a daily. It’s starting to show its age and the undersealing, among other bits need doing. I’ve already had some welding done on it but I plan to keep it for as long as I can. My next job will be to to check around the arches And behind the speakers for rust.
I think the amount they are being sold for at the minute doesn’t surprise me at all, that’s the whole reason why I bought in the first place as I knew they’d hold or increase in value if I needed to sell. The only thing is i don’t see many on the roads around my area now which must mean they’re starting to fail. Such a shame really.

It's incredibly interesting how these cars are aging - can't imagine it's too dissimilar to most cars though.

I picked my original 55 plate in 2007 for about £13,000 then this 06 this year (2023) for £8750.

In the paperwork I received with the car was the receipt from the previous sale, which was in 2019 for £5000

I can only imagine that these have hit the bottom end of the market already and should now at very least hold (hopefully) if not go up.

Trying to find a unmodified one is a task in itself.

When I was considering getting another EP3 I did the research and tried to get comfortable with where these are cars are aging and everything pointed towards rust repair and rust prevention.

Like you say, the main things people focus on now are prevention and maintenance. Removing the rear arch carpets is a good idea - although mine had already been treated and had the carpet put back in, so I'm inclined to leave it for now and keep an eye on it. Speakers, sills and all that is where most die sadly.

***I WILL NOT TRACK IT

I picked my 54 plate up with 62k on the clock in 2014 for £5k. Seemed a bit higher than I wanted to pay but there was so many around that time with more mileage and not in as good condition as mine.
How is the paintwork on your cosmic? Mine has failed particularly on the quarter panel where the paint had ‘crazed’. Assuming it’s from the sun beaming down on it.
I’ll keep following your car for the progress you make

How is the paintwork on your cosmic? Mine has failed particularly on the quarter panel where the paint had ‘crazed’. Assuming it’s from the sun beaming down on it.

Oh, that's interesting.

I'll have a look and see if I can get a picture - I don't think there's anything too moody with it........

I know I could do with a bonnet re-spray.

Bought a lovely Twin Loop system the other day - only to forget that the DC5 version is ever so slightly longer and won't fit a EP3.

So if anyone knows of a EP3 system, give me a shout please.

Ah no, that's a shame! Great exhausts though.

Mate, soo gutted.

Was lovely, was close enough to take a drive and get it, B-pipe was in very good condition (no dents in the usual place etc...) and pipe was clean and unmarked.

It was only the night before I was due to collect and I was thinking about new hangers, I started to wonder what the mounting positions were and and I realised.

I don't really want to modify the car but I'd certainly like a few select parts to keep around, either just in case, or trips to Goodwood etc.. for a bit of fun.

I started to wonder what the mounting positions were and and I realised.
Slow eye close, head tilt back, eyes rolling behind eyelid, sigh, then either laugh or cry with small amount of controller throwing rage added.

Can the exhaust be modified? I can't remember why they don't fit, I think it's the longer bottom of the DC5 and different rear arms or something.

I can't remember why they don't fit, I think it's the longer bottom of the DC5 and different rear arms or something.

Yeah, that's it mate.

The DC5 has a slightly longer rear frame than the EP3, so the tail pipe sections are different on each model with the DC5 having a very obvious longer tail pipe compared to the EP3 version. Not sure about the arms to be honest, there are some differences there though for sure.

You could get it on but it would look stuck out (which would be a look I agree but not what I'm looking for) and this actual system was one you wouldn't start chopping up, it was in incredible condition.

Most importantly though, I want it to stay as smooth as possible fitment wise so I'm not taking any chances with - "We'll get it on."

Whilst my old exhaust on my first EP3 was perfect (RM01A), it knocked on the rear ARB occasionally and it drove me mad.

So the hunt continues.

I've got the Legalis R on my EP3 and no issues with it hitting anything on mine, I am using the Js racing exhaust mounts though.

Sent from my LG-M200 using Tapatalk

I've got the Legalis R on my EP3 and no issues with it hitting anything on mine, I am using the Js racing exhaust mounts though.

Nice. Always loved the Legalis R OEM look, that said in person the pipes are much bigger.

I'm not suggesting that they all knock mind but mine did, it was the neck of the rear of the back box from what I can remember, the car was lowered and was using OEM hangers more than likely.

Yeah they are larger but look good if you want to keep an OEM look. Your car is looking good though need to give mine a little TLC too.

Yeah they are larger but look good if you want to keep an OEM look.

I wanted one so bad back in the day they just weren't about on the second hand market and there was no-way I could afford a new one back then.

After messing about for a while I settled on the RM01A and it was an incredible system, just not to my tastes visually.

After the disappointment of my failed Twin Loop purchase, I swooped for something else instead.

Mugen Box.jpeg

Air_Box_95.jpeg

Base_Box_80_1_95.jpeg

Lid__Filter_1_90_1_90.jpeg

Duct__Fixings_85_1_95.jpeg

Full_Unit_86_1_95.jpeg

Not really known for it's power gains, it's more suited to an almost OEM fit, which is what I'm looking for.

Nice, subtle and Mugen - does me.

Did a deal with a gent in London and picked it up for £300, which I think is very fair.

It's in good condition and has done about 5000 miles from new.

Was going to fit it today but it's too hot, will have a go tomorrow.

Very happy with this if I'm being honest, was put off it back in the day due to the minimal difference it makes in power compared to the AEM and Gruppe M kits but I love the idea of having this under the bonnet.

Nice, you may be surprised, I got the FC Design airbox and scoop from Belgium which is pretty much the same but uses an ITG filter and the scoop is a lot bigger, covers one half of the front grille.

They do sound nice not over the top, good choice in my opinion.

I really liked the Mugen Airbox on my FD2, nice little increase in noise and no where near as intrusive as an open cone or K&N. That car made over 240bhp with it on.

They do sound nice not over the top, good choice in my opinion.

Cool, I hope so, it certainly seems like a quality piece of kit.

Yeah, the OEM ducting seems to draw air from the side, as opposed to straight on - for some reason.

I'm just hoping for a little more induction noise really, anything else will be a bonus.

Back