• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Sukhi1313's FN2 Type R - Updated (FRSU 2, Eibach's Springs & Spacers)

Hi all, currently have a FN2 Type R GT (Deep Bronze), 28k, MY07. I think its a great car and IMO better than the EP3 Type R I used to have. The FN2 seems to be a bit more refined especially with the equipment you receive in GT spec and the engine sounds a bit smoother too along with the gearbox. I have applied the Stage 2 Fast Road Geometery Set-up, Eibach Pro kit Springs (15mm) & Spacers (15mm) from ABP to improve handling & steering. No paintwork problems at the moment which was a serious (and only) problem I had with my old EP3 Type R although I am expecting this considering how thin the paint looks. Prior to purchasing this I had a MK5 VW Golf GTI which had a defect DSG and was quoted £5000 for replacement so I then traded it for a BMW E46 M3 2003 which was an absolute fantastic piece of machinery but with no sign of fuel prices halting and with the clutch, flywheel, starter motor & 2 front new tyres (on 19's) require changing it just had to go. So I decided to bounce back to Honda and with my FN2 it was a wise choice. The most pleasant outcome from my FN2 is how easy it is to live with. The mpg (IMO) is great for what it does, insurance is around £350 and the car is spacious & practical. A lot of my friends and relatives have slated the FN2 until they actually saw mine in the flesh. Amazing how a person's opinion changes from seeing JC's rant to actually seeing it and sitting in one. For me this is up their as one of the hottest hatches from 2007. Most people keep saying how great the MK5 GTI is but it all comes down to preference and for me this has got the lot. A move up in refinement but with the raw, hungry revving VTEC. And more importantly it's normal aspirated which for me is a must. :smt023

Repairs to date:- Pedal clutch assembly replacement
Master clutch cylinder replacement
Valve adjustment (requirement for service)
Bridgestone Potenza RE050A tyres x 3 (replacing budget branded tyres)

Modifications:- Team Heko Wind Deflectors
TRO Rear Stickies
Honda Mud Guards (optional extra)
Geometry FRSU Stage 2 (ABP Motorsport)
Eibach Pro Kit Springs (15mm lowering)
Eibach Spacers (15mm width)

Attachments

• TYPE R3.JPG
    TYPE R3.JPG
    252.8 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0170.JPG
    IMG_0170.JPG
    657.9 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0163.JPG
    IMG_0163.JPG
    263.8 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0164.JPG
    IMG_0164.JPG
    235.4 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0169.JPG
    IMG_0169.JPG
    618.8 KB · Views: 62
Last edited by a moderator:
Glad you are enjoying it and from an informed perspective judging from your car history. :smt023

Glad you are enjoying it and from an informed perspective judging from your car history. :smt023
Thanks, dude. As for my car history, let's just say its extensive. I was a VW nut for the best part of 10 years (must have had 7-8 veedubs during that period!!!). I want to start getting into modding but will be a slow start as I will need to raise some much needed cash. Perhaps end of 2012 will see a performance cat back exhaust, induction kit & ecu remap. Looking at some vids in YouTube, seems like toda cams/manifold is a must. We shall see.

Nice. Are you going to modify it?

Thanks, man. After watching some modified examples on YouTube and spurred by Loxy's FN2, I'm beginning to get the itch. If I get some raised cash then defo!!! But will keep it normal aspirated as i've had my time with bolt on superchargers & turbos. My first mod will have to be ABP's Stage 2 Fast Road set-up, which is a must along with Eibach lowering springs. Won't be changing anything exterior wise as I'm a believer in "less is more".

Yeah.... I think the FN2 is quite attractive. Eibach springs are a very good choice - they lower the car a touch, but they improve the ride immeasurably! Honestly, it's one of the best modifications you can carry out for the FN2. People swear by them on the EP3.. and I'd say yeah, they're okay.. but on the FN2, having carried that mod out myself, and experienced the difference - it truly is night and day as regards the way the car rides, and would be one of the first mods I would do if I owned an FN2 again.

Thanks guys. FRSU and Eibachs will be a defo this year. Anyone have any opinions on 19inch rage alloys?

Thanks guys. FRSU and Eibachs will be a defo this year. Anyone have any opinions on 19inch rage alloys?

19" Rages make it an even harsher ride by all accounts, they do look cool though. also seen a lot of people powder coating them lately as the standard finish seem to degrade and crack.

Car looks superb (its in the fastest colour as well :lol:). As Horizon says the Rages alloys make the ride really harsh. I bought mine with them on and swapped to 18's, far better ride quality.

Car looks superb (its in the fastest colour as well :lol:). As Horizon says the Rages alloys make the ride really harsh. I bought mine with them on and swapped to 18's, far better ride quality.
Lol. Wasn't a fan of deep bronze until I saw it in the flesh. My favourite is still NHB from the ep3 range. I have noticed that there is a great amount of Milano Red sold in FN2 and was indeed close to purchasing one but was a bit sceptical it may turn pink in a few years like my previous cars. I think I'll stick to 18's whether I change the alloys or not, we shall see. Thanks.

, the missus was hell bent on me getting a BP fn2. It's a great car and a rare colour. Hope you enjoy :)

, the missus was hell bent on me getting a BP fn2. It's a great car and a rare colour. Hope you enjoy :)
Thanks dude. Generally I was after this colour or Alabaster Silver but my first viewing (which was also the closest to where I live) hit the spot to what I was looking for, so cash & car were exchanged.

I ended up with the alabaster as I couldn't find a white or red one. I was also being lazy as Honda Edinburgh is 2 miles away :D

Glad I've got mine now though :) I wouldn't change it

Last edited by a moderator:
I ended up with the alabaster as I couldn't find a white or red one. I was also being lazy as Honda Edinburgh is 2 miles away :D

Glad I've got mine now though :) I wouldn't change it
Me too. Should have kept my EP3 and then move onto FN2 instead of jumping back to VW and BMW. With Honda you do get value for money in terms of performance, fuel economy/MPG and reliability.

I got a spin in one of the lads fn2's with eibach springs earlier on. I now have to get a set of those on ASAP , after reading what everyone else had said on many threads on several sites I was hopeful.

The reality is superb, I can't believe Honda didn't fit something similar as standard! They are so much more supple and smooth and the car is more planted. No crashing banging bouncing lol where's my debit card....

I got a spin in one of the lads fn2's with eibach springs earlier on. I now have to get a set of those on ASAP , after reading what everyone else had said on many threads on several sites I was hopeful.

The reality is superb, I can't believe Honda didn't fit something similar as standard! They are so much more supple and smooth and the car is more planted. No crashing banging bouncing lol where's my debit card....
I've gotta get these on if that's the case!!! It will just mean no Xmas or B'day pressies for the kids this year.

Actually not that expensive thankfully http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pages/products/product_info.mhtml?product=77129

Now your going to do what I did and say -25mm that's too low. After a bit of digging the Fn2 is 10mm lower than the other cars listed so it actually a very sensible -15mm drop :). Car sits very well and looks a bit more purposeful too :)

I'm sure one of the fn2 guys near you could take you for a spin if they have them. It would be worth checking to see if any meets are near you soon, or maybe just post and and ask.

So far I've met a few good lads from here and it's great to meet people who love their R :)

Actually not that expensive thankfully http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pages/products/product_info.mhtml?product=77129

Now your going to do what I did and say -25mm that's too low. After a bit of digging the Fn2 is 10mm lower than the other cars listed so it actually a very sensible -15mm drop :). Car sits very well and looks a bit more purposeful too :)

I'm sure one of the fn2 guys near you could take you for a spin if they have them. It would be worth checking to see if any meets are near you soon, or maybe just post and and ask.

So far I've met a few good lads from here and it's great to meet people who love their R :)
I'm looking at conducting FRSU Stage 2 along with Eibach Progressive Springs which will lower the car by -15mm overall. The prices on your link provided are correct where I have also been quoted around £155. Think I might get this done real soon. Before summer hopefully. Will tend to look out for Type R meetings too around the Midlands area as it would be great to get some advice and see some examples. I'm looking at either ABP or TDI North to carry out the work as they have been given high opinions from their customer base. I want to use TDI but ABP are closer to where I live. Thanks for the link dude.

Back