• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Sukhi1313's FN2 Type R - Updated (FRSU 2, Eibach's Springs & Spacers)

I think apb are the main eibach dealer , and their Motorsport prep credentials are superb. I don't think you'll go far wrong with them for FRSU.

I think apb are the main eibach dealer , and their Motorsport prep credentials are superb. I don't think you'll go far wrong with them for FRSU.
ABP it will be then. Thanks for that. That should save me a few pennies & miles. Any other internal or engine mods worth doing?

ABP it will be then. Thanks for that. That should save me a few pennies & miles. Any other internal or engine mods worth doing?

Flash Pro, HKS Racing Suction kit, Exhaust all depends how deep your pockets are and how much you want to spend.

I had my FRSU done at TDI North & was cheaper than ABP. :D

TDI north for your performance tuning , they would seem to be the goto guys. FRSU in near future. My longterm plans are, flashpro, tegiwa induction kit, tegiwa cat back exhaust, (plus tdi north removable cat) rrc intake, tegiwa race manifold and header , oil pump balancer delete kit. Won't happen for a while as it'll take a load of overtime to get the parts together :)

Flash Pro, HKS Racing Suction kit, Exhaust all depends how deep your pockets are and how much you want to spend.

I had my FRSU done at TDI North & was cheaper than ABP. :D
My pockets have holes in at the moment. But I want to start off with these mods with FRSU my 1st priority. Might give TDI a ring for a quote then. Thanks dude.

TDI north for your performance tuning , they would seem to be the goto guys. FRSU in near future. My longterm plans are, flashpro, tegiwa induction kit, tegiwa cat back exhaust, (plus tdi north removable cat) rrc intake, tegiwa race manifold and header , oil pump balancer delete kit. Won't happen for a while as it'll take a load of overtime to get the parts together :)
Just seen some videos with Tegiwa parts. Must admit they sound absolutely awesome especially the carbon induction kit. Any ideas how much you reckon this would all cost? I was looking at Toda but the prices are a little extortionate and would take me a while to save some much needed cash. Think I'll do a price comparison between the two.

If your up for a meet, maybe this one?

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?82112-Midlands-Meet-Sunday-29th-April-2012

My next mod is the FRSU and Tein springs, having them done on the 21st at ABP so if you do attend the meet I can give you a demo ;)

I had a look at all places Grinspeed, TDI, ABP, Area motorsport and Demon Tweeks.

I have used TDi in the past for most of the things on my EP3, but this time around funds are tighter so I had to shop around and take into account travelling expenses with the cost of fuel, so I went with ABP.

When I was looking I went to have a look at the Deep Bronze as it was not as common but unfortunately the condition of it was not great, and another one didn't come up in the meantime.

Last edited by a moderator:
If your up for a meet, maybe this one?

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?82112-Midlands-Meet-Sunday-29th-April-2012

My next mod is the FRSU and Tein springs, having them done on the 21st at ABP so if you do attend the meet I can give you a demo ;)

I had a look at all places Grinspeed, TDI, ABP, Area motorsport and Demon Tweeks.

I have used TDi in the past for most of the things on my EP3, but this time around funds are tighter so I had to shop around and take into account travelling expenses with the cost of fuel, so I went with ABP.

When I was looking I went to have a look at the Deep Bronze as it was not as common but unfortunately the condition of it was not great, and another one didn't come up in the meantime.
What are APB like in terms of labour charges compared to TDI? Very unfortunate you didn't find a Deep Bronze FN2 considering its the best & fastest colour out of the range :smt047. No doubt I'm sure nonetheless your enjoying your FN2.

What are APB like in terms of labour charges compared to TDI? Very unfortunate you didn't find a Deep Bronze FN2 considering its the best & fastest colour out of the range :smt047. No doubt I'm sure nonetheless your enjoying your FN2.

To fit the springs, FRSU and supply the shims and bolts ABP were £334 and TDi were £371.92.

Distance wise ABP are closer by about 20 miles.

HTH

To fit the springs, FRSU and supply the shims and bolts ABP were £334 and TDi were £371.92.

Distance wise ABP are closer by about 20 miles.

HTH
Well that's me sold then. Will be ringing up APB on Monday morning. Thanks.

Clutch pedal click & squeek now fixed. Parts replaced:- Pedal Clutch Assembly Kit & Master Clutch Cylinder. Let's see how long the parts last. Next fix will now be FRSU with Eibachs in July. Having said that my head was turned at the garage today by an FN2 CW edition. First time I've seen it in the flesh and I do like the look of it which has LSD as standard. Hmmmm, watch this space. Also, has anyone seen the Civic Mugen RR for sale on pistonheads for 28k? Looks like a fine piece of machinery to me and with only 300 made, would be a rare purchase.

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a Mugen RR FD2 for sale on here a few months ago, the owner posts from time to time. There was only one in the country, his, but there might be two now.

Clutch pedal click & squeek now fixed. Parts replaced:- Pedal Clutch Assembly Kit & Master Clutch Cylinder. Let's see how long the parts last. Next fix will now be FRSU with Eibachs in July. Having said that my head was turned at the garage today by an FN2 CW edition. First time I've seen it in the flesh and I do like the look of it which has LSD as standard. Hmmmm, watch this space. Also, has anyone seen the Civic Mugen RR for sale on pistonheads for 28k? Looks like a fine piece of machinery to me and with only 300 made, would be a rare purchase.
Im afraid to say I have a feeling that the noise will make a return after not too long

I had mine in for the same thing today, they greased it lol, 10 mins it lasted.... Service manager said I'll no doubt hear from you in the next few days for a new master cylinder etc. he did say they had started using nylon bushes on the offending pop rivets that cause it. I have no way to back that statement up so he may have been spinning me a line.

There was a Mugen RR FD2 for sale on here a few months ago, the owner posts from time to time. There was only one in the country, his, but there might be two now.
They seem to be even more rarer than FN2 Mugen 20 if that's the case.

I had mine in for the same thing today, they greased it lol, 10 mins it lasted.... Service manager said I'll no doubt hear from you in the next few days for a new master cylinder etc. he did say they had started using nylon bushes on the offending pop rivets that cause it. I have no way to back that statement up so he may have been spinning me a line.
You ever had this replaced before or is this the first time due for a replacement in your ownership? Looking at my invoice, no additional parts were added but just master cylinder & pedal assembly kit. If the parts were modified to prevent re-occurance then would this be quoted on the Honda bulletin considering its a common fault I would have thought? I hope they have modified the part but none of this was mentioned at the stealers. The only issue I have now is the clutch squawking (when cold) although it does not bother me too much considering it goes away after a short while. Wonder if anyone has the same issues if flywheel & clutch are replaced by performance parts?

Back