• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Sukhi1313's FN2 Type R - Updated (FRSU 2, Eibach's Springs & Spacers)

Wasn't a massive fan of FN2s before but im starting to like them more and more. Very nice example here mate :)
Thanks, dude. If your thinking of getting one then I suggest you have a test drive first and a pretty lengthy one too. I was sold by the test drive and by how more refined it was with plenty of gadgets required for my needs in the GT spec. Also there are plenty of mods available for the FN2 just to make it that extra bit special.

Over the weekend went for a trip down to ABP Motorsport for my well anticipated appointment for my Geometry FRSU Stage 2, Eibach Springs & Spacers. After the set-up I was advised to get all the same tyre tread as this would be the icing on the cake. As expected, it was all good with the set-up and springs. Steering was more responsive and sharper. Handling was much improved with the eibachs only slightly softening the ride although with time i'm sure these will get softer. The spacers gave the car a wider look and this also improved the handling. After slamming on 3 more Bridgestone's this improved the handling further more and no longer was my car drifting to the left when leaving the steering wheel. All in all a well worth modificaton (as you may have heard so many times before) as well as a much needed requirement for the FN2.

Attachments

• IMG_0164.JPG
    IMG_0164.JPG
    235.4 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0170.JPG
    IMG_0170.JPG
    657.9 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0163.JPG
    IMG_0163.JPG
    263.8 KB · Views: 40
I've been looking at this modification for when I'm back home but do have one obvious question in that how does this affect the insurance cover presumably they need to be told of the mods?

Allan

I've been looking at this modification for when I'm back home but do have one obvious question in that how does this affect the insurance cover presumably they need to be told of the mods?

Allan

It is important to tell your insurance company of any modifications made to your vehicle. I think in some cases, insurance companies refuse to insure modified vehicles. Obviously you would be expected to pay extra if mods are carried out but as in how much depends on your insurance company. Hope this helps.

Hey :) nice update, very curious to your thoughts on the FRS and eibachs now you have got used to them?

Sent via NecronomiPhon

Hey :) nice update, very curious to your thoughts on the FRS and eibachs now you have got used to them?

Sent via NecronomiPhon

Thanks, Rev. All I can say it is a must have modification. You will not be disappointed. The springs are now beginning to soften up and are making a huge difference by eliminating the crashy bang ride. With the FRSU & spacers the car handles like its on rails. I have modded cars in the past, but this is probably the best mod you can have for the money you pay. You will simply be adding extra awesomeness to your alabaster FN2. You have to get yourself one of these. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wider track too which can only help the handling. ;)
Yes, a welcome bonus although I only did this to give the car a wider look until you advised me that it also improved handling as well. Looking at your thread, I was advised with this setup that I could no longer have big brake conversion carried out due to clearance issues. Is this true? You have the same setup and also stop-tech's big brake as well. :confused:

Yes I do!

I've got 15mm Eibach springs, FRSU and 15mm spacers on OEM 18s and it clears the Stoptechs.

They are the proper 328mm Big Brake Kit as well, not the 300mm Touring Kit.

Sdc12549.jpg

:lol:. Thanks, Loxy. Might leave the StopTech's on the back burner at the moment. Might just go for the cosworth brake pads when I make a start on power upgrades (hondata, exhaust, induction, etc.). Nice one.

Over the weekend went for a trip down to ABP Motorsport for my well anticipated appointment for my Geometry FRSU Stage 2, Eibach Springs & Spacers. After the set-up I was advised to get all the same tyre tread as this would be the icing on the cake. As expected, it was all good with the set-up and springs. Steering was more responsive and sharper. Handling was much improved with the eibachs only slightly softening the ride although with time i'm sure these will get softer. The spacers gave the car a wider look and this also improved the handling. After slamming on 3 more Bridgestone's this improved the handling further more and no longer was my car drifting to the left when leaving the steering wheel. All in all a well worth modificaton (as you may have heard so many times before) as well as a much needed requirement for the FN2.

What mm spacer did you go for?

had my nhb fn2 for about 6 months and love it i have gone a different route to you going for k&n panel filter and abp milltek catback first i always read on hear about abp and tdi north for fast road set up and springs but they are both a trek for me but tdi thurrock is only about an hour away i havent heard anybody mention them but i guess they would do a decent set up if anybody used them let me know

had my nhb fn2 for about 6 months and love it i have gone a different route to you going for k&n panel filter and abp milltek catback first i always read on hear about abp and tdi north for fast road set up and springs but they are both a trek for me but tdi thurrock is only about an hour away i havent heard anybody mention them but i guess they would do a decent set up if anybody used them let me know
I haven't heard much about TDI Thurrock but I would go far as saying it would be well worth the trip to get fast road and springs setup at ABP or TDI North.

Back