• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Supercharged Civic

11264.JPG

9545.JPG

Now with 266wbhp

18 inches & ebc pads & discs
12605.jpg

Clean for once
12603.jpg

Good going mate.

Thank God your infront of that Rover :lol:

List of Mods to date

Jackson Supercharger 9psi
Jackson Header
IPS supercharger cams
Hondata Kpro
Hondata IMG
Gruppe M
Custom exhaust
Spoon magnetic sump plug
Spoon baffled sump
tp earthing kit
Toda Clutch & fly wheel
Quaiffe lsd
Tein flex with edfc
Toyo R888 tyres
EBC yellow stuff R pads & discs
Goodridge braided hoses, uprated fluid
JDM rear anti roll bar
Front J's Racing strut brace
Rear Spoon strut brace
Spoon lower rear tie bar
Corbeau Race seats
Interior carpet removed
Tuned by TDI North

Just a piece of advise, take it or leave it :?

Your running too much boost on standard internals for a car that does trackdays (looking at your photo's)....

Can't and wont go into details, I know from experience though :eek:

typerkid said:

Your running too much boost on standard internals for a car that does trackdays (looking at your photo's)....

Cheers mate have not done any track days since having the supercharger fitted. What happened to yours

Nice list of mods. In the pic have you got the Gruppe M installed? Just I can't see the scoop.

Friendy said:
typerkid said:

Cheers mate have not done any track days since having the supercharger fitted. What happened to yours

All I will say, is my engine aged dramatically at 8psi.....

Old pic Carl fitted the gruppe m at trax yesterday, typerkid did it blow up, as next year looking to increase cc and reduce compresion.

Paul-CTR said:
But wasn't this also related to the fact that the DC5 has a higher rate of compression?

Paul, what happened to mine, will happen to others, may just take a little longer.....

The biggest advice I will give for free, especially for boosted cars that go on track, then also fit a external oil cooler and make sure your have good instrumentation :!:

The higher compression on the JDM engines deffinately has a part to play about engine wear, the Jackson Supercharger has been fitted to loads of cars both here and the states, and there have been no reports to my knowledge of excess engine wear or anything like that ?

Oil cooler should be before any other mods when you wana run on the track! Plus racing brake fluid and pads. (just a thought)

Look into the water temp kits, the new honda temp senser is VERY VERY bad, the senser is in the block and as guy of cpl will tell you, your engine can over head and go pop before the dial even moves!

Most engines have them in the radiator and I think there are kits out there to move the senser to the rad from the block.

If your serious about track days, do it!

Tarticus said:
The higher compression on the JDM engines deffinately has a part to play about engine wear, the Jackson Supercharger has been fitted to loads of cars both here and the states, and there have been no reports to my knowledge of excess engine wear or anything like that ?

Pete, the first signs are starting to show.......

Wispers I hear from over the pond, with those that know etc etc...

hmm....sounds interesting that does aboput the temp sensor.
I like to drive my car hard on road and track so oil cooler and temp sensor would be good to look into...

Whats the cons of having too hot oil...low viscosity? too thin to protect?

dan

Yes, over 120 C is bad, 150 C + is engine damage, it just over heats then normally the rod stretch so the pistons hit the valves so you have to re morgage the house.

Ask cpl about the temp senser as to weather is worth it or not, my opinion from ready state sites is yes, i'd do it.

As for oil coolers? It is possible to over cool your oil (especially during the snow etc) for lots of track use yes, for a little then try a small cooler but for 1 odd track day then its not really worth it.

Clements said:
Yes, over 120 C is bad, 150 C + is engine damage, it just over heats then normally the rod stretch so the pistons hit the valves so you have to re morgage the house.

Ask cpl about the temp senser as to weather is worth it or not, my opinion from ready state sites is yes, i'd do it.

As for oil coolers? It is possible to over cool your oil (especially during the snow etc) for lots of track use yes, for a little then try a small cooler but for 1 odd track day then its not really worth it.

REMORTGAGE THE HOUSE..i did that to buy the fookin car man :lol:

And what difference does 1 track day or 5 make it? not to be funny but it will get oined the same on each occasion so it can go on any occasion can it not? (the oil get hot i mean) But i try to change every track day so have full protaction as is..... always have a cool off trickle drive aswell after hard laps too....

dan

Back