• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Supercharged Fn2 clutch Ideas

I’m after ideas for an ideal clutch for my daily drive. My competition stage 2 that’s currently on has only lasted 8,000 miles. No track days, minimal abuse. Ran in sensibly and I don’t ride it. Had fluid changed.
I’ve seen a you tube clip of an ep3 with an exedy stage 1 clutch. Been on the car 2 years and seen 8 track days. Still going strong. The Ep3 had 425bhp.
My Fn2 has 354bhp and a lot less torque.
Anyone running this set up? Or know if it will react the same on an Fn2?
Cheers

Don’t think I’ve ever seen a non OEM ‘upgraded’ clutch last for any decent time.
Exedy are OEM so you can guarantee their upgraded clutch should have some quality about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers,
Yeh that’s the way I was thinking. Would be nice is a fellow supercharged Fn2 owner could share their experiences

On the basis that I daily a Clutchmasters FX400 I'll recommended that :)
It's a paddle clutch so engagement is a bit sharp, pedal slightly heavier and it's a little noisy at times, but 4 years and 40k miles on it so far both NA and charged shows it's not a bad choice.

Cheers Smeghead. I’ve found more meat on the bone by adjusting the Master cylinder push rod. Got the biting point just bellow half way with no slip. Hope this doesn’t mean the release bearing is on its way out instead. No noises though. I have been looking at Exedy on the tegiwa site. Quite a few there that look like they’ll do the job. All be it some very expensive.

No worries. Ah yes I forgot it's possible to adjust the FN2 peddle. It'll probably be OK for a while, I guess if it starts slipping again then that's the trigger point to replace :)
If the bearing is silent it's likely good.

Back