• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

S2000 & NSX Supercharged/turbo S2000's

Are there many people who have Supercharged or turbo'ed S2000. Seen the turbo ones on here just wondering if there are many that have been done on other sites. Will be looking for a new car soon and would be interested in looking for one of these but i think will be very rare. Its just that there are loads of CTR's done and was wondering if its worth waiting for a S2000 to come up. Dont really want to buy a normal one and do it myself because it will probs cost alot more

make me an offer :D

there are many s/c s2000 out there, comptech, vortech and now roterx

they do not come up very often ie sold with the car, people tend to part the s/c kits out then keep the car etc

personal i would have turbo over the s/c the power delivery is so much different plus on my stock 125k engine it happily ran over 600 whp

if you are planning turbo however there are many kits out there but not for the rhd S2000, the greddy kit that J7 has is made and mine was custom made.

Fergis so far in about three and a bit years of watching the main s2ki forums ive only seen two cars sold with FI ( both comptech supercharged). As Phil said the others have been parted and returned to stock.

Loads of options out there now if you plan on going FI though:cool:

I cant get on the S2Ki site because i use my comp at work and that site is blocked. If i bought a second hand charger for a S2000, how much roughly am i looking at for all parts (S/C ecu etc) fitting and tuning?

really why?

i dont like the way the advert says quote the advert
' Power is a fantastic up from 150 wheel horsepower to over 270. If you go by Honda's 237 bhp at the crank then that's nearly 450 bhp at the crank'
all well and good if it makes the numbers, but to sell it as that i am not so sure

I have seen the kits on the dyno and it did not make the power suggested the only way it was made was to ditch the AEM FIC. plus the builder made a comment which was .. you get what you pay for hmmm did not fill me with confidence

but saying that the rotrex is a great bit of kit,

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you mean straight line performance? The EP3 would pull multiple lengths all day long on the S2000.

really why?

Quite simply............ simplicity.

I have read the issues that everyone has had, even the Rotrex guys.
But for someone wanting a near 'off the shelf' product I would probably go for the Rotrex with AEM EMS over the Comptech or Vortech. (Remember I was the owner of MB's Vortech both before and after him and never got round to fitting it)

The Vortech also weighs a lot and it's bolted straight to the front of the block. Not a great place for so much extra weight.

Or you could just put a 2JZ in there :D for some crazy fun times....

_MG_1762.jpg

Watched some video's of these on youtube, pure :twisted:

dont get me wrong i am in no place to say this but i think its awesome but kind of not an s2000 ish anymore without the 2lt lump in it

great setup up though and engine

dont get me wrong i am in no place to say this but i think its awesome but kind of not an s2000 ish anymore without the 2lt lump in it

Agreed - modify what you have but a complete transplant is breaking the rules.

Back